Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2003, 07:46 AM

Default newby, pls help: how to play saved wave files from hd

Im on a the big learning curve from PC/logic to mac + mbox, thk god for this site + u guys! My system is an ibook, 384 MB 800 MHz power pc G3, 30 gig hd. I have an M box + PT LE. Have worked out how to record, but can only get playback when mbox is plugged in, ie cant play saved wave files back direct from HD w speakers plugged in. this seems stange to me, can anyone help? Tried going in to (osx) system preferences/sound, but there is no option for internal or external output...there is only one option...which is 'built in audio controller'....which was selected....then i went to itunes to see if there was an option there to select files from the hard drive to play...but doesnt seem to give me any options to access wave files from the hd? Im assuming that when you have saved wave files on the desktop or hard drive, you are out and about with yo laptop...u must be able to pay them without having the whole mbox rig in tow? sorry for the ignorance
------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP: Logged [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2003, 04:18 PM

Default Re: newby, pls help: how to play saved wave files from hd

I just dropped one of my tracks into itunes ans it played, but it was just a guitar track with long periods of silence.

The easiest thing to do would be to make rough mixes and ''bounce to disk'' being sure to choose 16/44.1 stereo interleaved. They will play in Jam, Toast or itunes.
Old 06-28-2003, 04:38 PM

Location: From: Trinidad (Humboldt Co.); living: somewhere between Chicago and St.Louis...
Default Re: newby, pls help: how to play saved wave files from hd

Hi guys...FWIW, you can only use PT w/ the hardware attached (ie. 002, 001, M-box, etc...). To play it back in PT you must have your M-box w/ you. Otherwise, you can still play a stereo mixdown in a different app. through the "Sound" section of "System Preferences". Is that what you're trying to do..?