Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2010, 08:56 PM

Default Win 7 Blue Screen

I tried installing the x64 beta driver for Windows 7 64 bit. I followed all the directions; I didn't turn on my 003 Rack during Pro Tools 8.0.3 install, removed the audio driver, rebooted, and installed the beta driver. The beta driver did not ask me to turn on my hardware. After installation, I rebooted then turned on the 003 Rack. Windows said it was ready to use.

When I launch Pro Tools, my system crashes when the DAE is loading. I get the full Blue Screen treatment.

I tried uninstalling everything and re-installing everything and I get the same thing. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to wait for the drivers to come out of beta?

The last time I re-installed the drivers, I tried launching Reason and using the Digi ASIO drivers. Reason gave me a red X; it couldn't use them.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Win 7 Blue Screen

Outdated PACE interlock drivers can cause the blue screen on XP so its worth updating them.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-12-2010, 10:04 PM

I installed the Win7 beta the other day and started getting the blue screen too.
Once I uninstalled the beta drivers and reinstalled what ever was the last one before them I was back to being just fine. I think it's 8.0.3.

Try it.

GD
Old 02-12-2010, 11:00 PM

Try the Legacy firewire driver. Or install a TI controller (if you have one) and driver and see what happens.

A clue might appear if you right click on the PT icon and choose run as administrator.

And post a Sandra report on that computer so we can see what's going on.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-13-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaroach View Post
I tried installing the x64 beta driver for Windows 7 64 bit. I followed all the directions; I didn't turn on my 003 Rack during Pro Tools 8.0.3 install, removed the audio driver, rebooted, and installed the beta driver. The beta driver did not ask me to turn on my hardware. After installation, I rebooted then turned on the 003 Rack. Windows said it was ready to use.

When I launch Pro Tools, my system crashes when the DAE is loading. I get the full Blue Screen treatment.

I tried uninstalling everything and re-installing everything and I get the same thing. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to wait for the drivers to come out of beta?

The last time I re-installed the drivers, I tried launching Reason and using the Digi ASIO drivers. Reason gave me a red X; it couldn't use them.

Look, Are you installing 8.0.3 with the update or the full installer, so in case the full one, that was my case, I did whith succes:

Do this all whith the legacy firewire Driver.
Install the 8.0.3 whith the 003 plugged but off, so when you be asked to turn on just do it, and continue, never had a PROBLEM LIKE THAT.after you can open PT and validate.

Then power off your Pc and Digi

for the 8.0.4b go with your digi OFF( but plugged),one thing I was never asked to turn on or plug my digi 003 never a problem about, so never mind and continue,
after you finish install not open PT, OFF your Pc and digi, Turn on only your PC and change the Firewirev Driver to Texas Instrument

then OFF PC. Finally power on your Digi and your PC ,before open PT check that 003 appears in Device Manager and the TI driver is still setting, start PT must work at least for me and others here

I got BSOD once
and solved whith

Try this maybe you solve don't say no before you try
The next thing I suggest trying switching the firewire Interface drivers Please follow these steps.

1. Right-click on "Computer" (on the desktop or in the Start menu)
2. Click "Properties"
3. Click "Device Manager"
4. Expand the "sound and games Controllers" item.
5. Right-click on the interface which appears.
6. Click "Update Driver Software..."
7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
9. you'll find at least two differents drivers for your interface try differents, helps and solve some BSOD
10. Click "Next"
11. Reboot and try PT again
luck
I7 950
RAM 24Gb corsair 1600 (3 sticks)
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro
Old 02-13-2010, 03:17 PM

Had the same issue, it has to do with Windows 7 and the Firewire drivers as many of the handsome gentlemen have already responded.

Just go into your Device Manager from the control panel, find the IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers.... from there, right click what lives there, go to properties, go to update driver, then select browse computer for file... then pick from the list. There should be 3 drivers there, use the Legacy driver.

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 06-27-2010, 09:38 AM

I'm getting a blue screen with 8.0.3 ASIO and Reaper with a few plugins. I'm on Windows 7 64Bit and yet other ASIO drivers for my other hardware works perfectly. When will we see an update?

--

site: http://www.everythinglegit.com

Wah gwaan down deh..

System: Pro Tools LE, mbox 2, m-audio keyboard, HP DV7 laptop, Reaper 3 and alot of studios.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Question Re: Win 7 Blue Screen

Same issue for me... Got pro-tools working flawlessly with my mbox2 micro.... tried linking it to my DIGI003 at the studio. I had the blue screen and switched firewire drivers to legacy... Now no blue screen... the DAE loads up, but if i try to open a session (even my template session with no audio, midi, insert,s sends or plug-ins of any kind), it just freezes, no blue screen. i get the circular hourglass thing and a 'not responding.' task manager wont close it but if i restart or shut down it has no problem doing so. PLEASE HELP!
Old 07-19-2010, 03:30 AM

Same over here... Intel Core i7 920 2.266 Ghz 6 GB , mbox works fine, 002 rack=blue screen
Old 12-11-2010, 08:27 PM

I have pro tools 8.0.4 Mbox 2 running very well on Win XP. Is it safe to upgrade to Windows 7 now or am I going to be opening a big can of pain, torture, and agony? I just wanted to get set up to buy the crossgrade up to PT 9. Any suggestions? Thanks!