Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2021, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Monitors in 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmccam View Post
Hi Everyone,

I did a search for this but there didn't seem to be anything recent.

I'm wondering what monitors people are using for their home (premix) studios?

In the past I've done mostly commercial work and lower budget films but I did some work for HBO in Atmos and it has me thinking of moving in that direction. My thought was to upgrade my 5.1 monitoring system to something that could be expanded to Atmos. Obviously the idea is to have a setup where the mixes translate — to a stage, if needed — but could possibly also allow for Dolby certification down the road.

My room is mid-sized and I'm currently using Focal CMS 65s in the front and CMS 50s in the rear with a Dynaudio sub. I like the Focals but I don't know if they'd qualify as being full-range speakers (though I can't remember what the strict qualifier is for that)... they're pretty bass-light.

I'm not overly concerned about price... I'd like to try out some different options at several price points.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Ryan
If you decide to get rid of your Focal's let me know. Looking for another setup for a small mix room
Imdb
Facebook