Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 04-04-2016, 06:14 PM

Default Error Message on PT12.5 Start

Been running v12.4 on my Win7 PC with no issues. Uninstalled it the other day, downloaded v12.5, installed it and received the following message when attempting my maiden voyage:

"C:Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools\FFmt.dll could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software.

Error details:

Import DLL ACFPluginHost.dll cannot be loaded."

Went to the directory, saw the FFmt.dll file, however, not ACF...dll file. Did a search and found the file in the directory C:\Program Files\Avid\Cloud Client Services, copied it, pasted into C:\Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools and voilเ...so far, so good.

So...any smart people here know the reasoning behind this and if it's a proper fix? Been running since v6 and never had this issue.

Also posted here, as upon searching "ACFPluginHost.dll" here, nothing of any pertinence was revealed. Hopefully, this can be of aide for any further affliction.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Error Message on PT12.5 Start

I also downloaded 12.5 to do the installation because I'm hoping a lot of my troubles since version 12 are resolved. (to be honnest I never had weird bug before but 12 is swarming with it)

When I unpacked the downloaded zip Norton gave me a popup that the file acfpluginhost.dll is infected with WS.Reputation.1 and of course it got removed.

So Brainiac, this might be your issue as well.
Thing is... what to do next.
Is it safe to repair this file and just go with it?

Anyone else had something similar?

Regards, Luc
i7 5820K @ 3.3Ghz, 32Gb, Windows 7 Ulimate 64, 1x M.2 512 SSD, 1x Spinpoint F1 1TB, 2x Spinpoint F3 1TB, ProjectMix IO, Axiom Pro61, PreSonus Monitor Station,SM ProAudio Stage Buddy, KRK VXT6, AKG K271, SE220A, PT 12.4.0, AMT IEP, Omnisphere, Trilian, EWQL CCC, EWQL Spaces, Ministry Of Rock, Gypsy, Fab Four, NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, NI Maschine, ProjectSAM Orchestral Essentials, Waves V9 Musician 1, Morphoder, CL4

Old 05-06-2016, 08:05 AM

I just installed 12.5 with the same errors as well. Is there a solution out there Im missing to fix this?
Old 09-07-2016, 11:22 PM

Worked!!! Thank you :)
Old 09-08-2016, 02:35 AM

Unable to speak to anyone at Avid
Hi im sorry i have different problem sorry for my english <
I did buy today subscriptions pt 12 , i did pay money from my
mastercard and now i have nothing . Money has been sent to avid
but in my account i have nothing , on billing history is empty . what should i do
cause you know contact with avid is impossible .
one questions where avid have his clients !!!!!
tom
Old 09-09-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianiac5150 View Post
Been running v12.4 on my Win7 PC with no issues. Uninstalled it the other day, downloaded v12.5, installed it and received the following message when attempting my maiden voyage:

"C:Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools\FFmt.dll could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software.

Error details:

Went to the directory, saw the FFmt.dll file, however, not ACF...dll file. Did a search and found the file in the directory C:\Program Files\Avid\Cloud Client Services, copied it, pasted into C:\Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools and voilเ...so far, so good.

So...any smart people here know the reasoning behind this and if it's a proper fix? Been running since v6 and never had this issue.

Also posted here, as upon searching "ACFPluginHost.dll" here, nothing of any pertinence was revealed. Hopefully, this can be of aide for any further affliction.
Hi !

Well that seems to me a conflict between installations . That doesn't happens under normal upgrade installation . You have ( should ) to clean databases and pref. after any PT installation . That's the safe way to go !
Old 04-02-2017, 08:39 AM

I am also looking to figure out how to stop Norton from Deleting files (with getting rid of virus protection).. Mine told me that BDM.dll contained a virus and automatically deleted it.. with the the ability to restore... AAAAAaahhhhhh!!!!
Old 04-02-2017, 08:43 AM

Never use antivirus crapware on a PT computer. Never. That is just gonna give issues that isn't any issues. Deactivate the antivirus software on any PT computer or get a dedicated computer only for audio work.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-02-2017, 10:10 AM

^^^^This.

Other than that, forget Norton and find something that plays well with PT or find a way to put PT and all its files on the "Ignore" list.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 05-06-2021, 11:31 AM

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this forum. I'm having the same problem OP mentioned:

Error details:

However, I cannot fix the problem.

Also the threads below didn't help me either.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...light=ffmt.dll

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=391886

I use Windows 10 Home, Focusrite Solo 2nd gen., Pro Tools First (as part of the Focusrite software bundle).

I would much appreciate if someone can help me.

Thank you.