Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 02-24-2014, 07:41 AM

Default Why won't PT10 find my Softube Saturation Knob download?

I'm sure a basic user error on my part but I'm striking out searching for a solution. I downloaded the free plugin from the Avid site, there is a shortcut in my start menu, but I'm not seeing the plugin in Pro Tools 10.3.2. This is on a Win 7, 64 bit system. So far the only other plugins I've either demo'd or purchased have automatically shown up in my list. Am I missing a step or perhaps an installer? Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Old 02-24-2014, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Why won't PT10 find my Softube Saturation Knob download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry O View Post
I'm sure a basic user error on my part but I'm striking out searching for a solution. I downloaded the free plugin from the Avid site, there is a shortcut in my start menu, but I'm not seeing the plugin in Pro Tools 10.3.2. This is on a Win 7, 64 bit system. So far the only other plugins I've either demo'd or purchased have automatically shown up in my list. Am I missing a step or perhaps an installer? Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Hi Larry

When you start the installation, are both AAX options checked as I don't remember when we installed but of there is an option to check the plugin formats you need to install both aax32 and aax64 of you wanna use PT11 and if not, make sure that you install the 32 bit version and not only the 64 bit.

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-24-2014, 08:12 AM

Hi Christopher. When installing, there are two selections, one for 32 bit the other for 64. I've tried 64 but first, then 32 bit. Both options appear in my programs start menu but nothing in my plugins in PT.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Hi Christopher. When installing, there are two selections, one for 32 bit the other for 64. I've tried 64 but first, then 32 bit. Both options appear in my programs start menu but nothing in my plugins in PT.
When you say "program start menu" what do you mean? Is that in PT10 or outside of the program? Also if you are using 10 and not 11 you shouldn't install the 64 bit version as it won't work in PT10 and may cause issues if they share folders.

I would delete the both AAX versions and reinstall only the AAX32 bit.

After that I recommend deleting Preferences and Plist so PT can rescan your plugins and start fresh. It will only scan once after that and will take a few minutes but that should do the trick. We had to do the same on one of our macbooks when installing the sat knob so delete preferences and make sure the plist called Digidesign and Avid are deleted and restart the computer, then launch Pro Tools and see if that helps

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-24-2014, 08:57 AM

By Program Start Menu I mean it's visible in my laptops programs (with only a user manual and an uninstall option). I've uninstalled both 32 and 64 bit versions and will follow your advice. Confusing that I'd need the 32 bit version with a 64 bit system.

Thanks for the direction.

Larry
Old 02-24-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
By Program Start Menu I mean it's visible in my laptops programs (with only a user manual and an uninstall option). I've uninstalled both 32 and 64 bit versions and will follow your advice. Confusing that I'd need the 32 bit version with a 64 bit system.

Thanks for the direction.

Larry
It is because PT10 is still a 32 bit application and PT11 is 64 bit hence the need for both versions and it can be confusing at times, I been there too

Let us know how you get along. Don't install the 64 bit version if you only use PT10 on this computer.

Best
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-24-2014, 09:25 AM

"After that I recommend deleting Preferences and Plist so PT can rescan your plugins and start fresh. It will only scan once after that and will take a few minutes but that should do the trick."

I think this is getting beyond the scope of my comfort level with my current skills. I find myself tumbling down the bunnyhole too often with these kinds of things, lol. I'll use accessible and more compatible plug ins for now until I get to a more proficient level. Thanks for the replies.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:57 AM

Larry, try this:
  1. Navigate to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Pro Tools\
  2. Delete the InstalledAAXPlugins file.
  3. In Windows, uninstall Saturation Knob (both the 32 bit version and the 64 bit version).
  4. Restart your computer
  5. Re-install Saturation Knob 32 bit
  6. If you also have Pro Tools 11 on your computer, re-install Saturation Knob 64 bit.
  7. Launch Pro Tools, and see if Sat Knob is now available.

Hopefully this will work for your situation.

The preferences clearing mentioned earlier is easy to do, just follow the instructions in this link
Old 02-24-2014, 01:58 PM

Hi mesa, Under step one I have

AvidListFile.txt
DefaultProToolsMidiSetup.dms
Pro Tools Prefs.ptp
Recent Files
Recent Folders
updater.properties

I don't see a Plugins file.

I saved the details from the preferences clearing link, appreciate that. Before I try can you tell me if any reregistration issues with Pro Tools or Ilok need to be addressed after that process? I have PT10 v 10.3.2, which came bundled with moogerfooger and Eleven, plus I'm running a demo of Melodyne and have Auto Tune 7 installed.

Thanks again.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I don't see a Plugins file.
In that case, I may have given you information that pertains only to 64 bit AAX plug-ins.

I think the solution would be to update to 10.3.8, then download and install the Trasher utility here