Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2021, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Problem with Mix and Edit Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Well yes and no, YES on my system if I simply click the green circle button then it goes into complete full screen mode (which hides the PT tool bar at the top ) and I then have to click at the very top to show the PT tool bar and to be able to save , and when I do that then YES both the edit and mix widows will open on the main Display

BUT NO -- if I "Option" click the green button it then goes full screen EXCEPT the PT tool bar is still showing,,, and if I then save, it will open with the edit window on the secondary display and the mix on the main .....AND as I said, if I save with the respective windows in any smaller sizes than full screen, they open on the different monitors exactly like they were saved
OK. I did some testing, and you're right; If I put mix and edit on their separate monitor and use option-click on green maximize buttons, close and reopen, they remember monitor placements on reopen. So a fix for the OP. Simply opt-click to zoom the windows, so the menu is still visible, don't use full-screen.

(I use Spaces a lot, and one thing I can't get PT to do, is recreate a separate space on reopen, if a pt win had a separate space. If the space is there, the window will show up there.)
Old 11-29-2021, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Problem with Mix and Edit Window

Quote:
Ben Jenssen;2620538]OK. I did some testing, and you're right; If I put mix and edit on their separate monitor and use option-click on green maximize buttons, close and reopen, they remember monitor placements on reopen. So a fix for the OP. Simply opt-click to zoom the windows, so the menu is still visible, don't use full-screen.
Yes or simply not the option click , at all and jst have the PT window be somewhat smaller . For example sometimes when I am in work in progress mode , I may have one or more plugin GUI's open on one display with a smaller PT window At say 1/2 to 2/3 rds the screen with the plugins on the other part of the screen , and I save it that way , then it will reopen exactly how I saved it also

Quote:
(I use Spaces a lot, and one thing I can't get PT to do, is recreate a separate space on reopen, if a pt win had a separate space. If the space is there, the window will show up there.)
I don't use spaces so no use there

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...