Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2013, 11:36 AM

Default Inserting blank space and/or another music section into your session?

Okay, I'm new to PT, so easy and simple...

I have a song with roughly 30 tracks at the moment. Everything is synced up with a click, so it's all on the beat.

But let's say that between the 1:13 and the 2:10 marks, and the 3:14 and 4:20 marks I want to insert a blank area to add additional measures to record another section, or drop another piece of music into that "blank space," how do I do that...or can it even be done?

So, that's a blank, down 30 tracks (because we're looking at the wavs vertically) that I need to add that gap for additional recording, while keeping it in tempo and the same pitch. Obviously it's going to make the song longer, but that's the point, because it needs an instrumental section in there, to separate the vocals, so that there won't be two vocal sections back-to-back.

Please let me know if I've explained this thoroughly.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Inserting blank space and/or another music section into your session?

Event>Time Operations>Insert Time. Even better, read the Pro Tools Reference Guide on this and other time operations.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Inserting blank space and/or another music section into your session?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Event>Time Operations>Insert Time. Even better, read the Pro Tools Reference Guide on this and other time operations.
Thanks! Yeah, a friend borrowed it and he can't find it. But I guess it's downloadable.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:06 PM

Default Inserting blank space and/or another music section into your session?

Printed reference manual? For any recent version of Pro Tools?

But the reference guide is built into Pro Tools. In the Help Menu. Or you can get a PDF download. Great thing to throw on an iPad etc. and easily searchable.