Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-13-2011, 07:44 AM

Default 14 folders called "User Guide And Information" in workspace, and climbing. Delete??

你好吗

In my Macbook pro FINDER, there is one folder called "User Guides and Information. In the workspace "finder" there are 14 of them, and climbing. Each claim to have a few folders of pretty important apple info. I don't believe it. Problems is, they are important Apple computer files and i am worried if i delete one of em, i will really delete files on my hard drive. All 14 workspace folders are the same name with same subfolders. I would add a picture of the folders but dont no how. They have these files:

MacBookPro 13-inch Users Guide.pdf
MacBookPro 13-inch Users Guide.pdf
Bluetooth Regulatory Certification.pdf
AirPort Extreme Regulatory Certification.pdf
welcome to leopard.app
apple test hardware test read me.app

these dont seem to be files to delete.

Anyone got same prob? I guess its a bluff....there cant be 14 folders. Wish i could show u the picture.....its cluttering the workspace...

yours truly, 可乐

Last edited by skronger; 08-13-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: im made a dumb dumb
Old 08-13-2011, 03:03 PM

Default Re: 14 folders called "User Guide And Information" in workspace, and climbing. Delet

Here is i trick you can do to take a picture of your entire screen. Although i have never heard of these folders before. Anyway you can do this to any screen you have pulled up on your mac. First, hold down the apple and shift buttons and push the number 3 on the numeric pad. This will take a snapshot of the screen. Or you can hold down the apple and shift button and the number 4. This will turn your mouse pointer into crosshairs that allows you to select a certain area of the screen. I hope this helps out and i hope someone who knows about this can help you out.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:17 PM

Default Re: 14 folders called "User Guide And Information" in workspace, and climbing. Delet

Thanks Many,

I didnt explain...sorry, i can take the screen shot picture no problem. What i con't know how to do is attach a picture here on the avid forum. Surely its right in front of my spinnin eyeballs.....waiting...

Those folders are not protools folders by the way. The strange part is, they multiply in the Protools "Workspace" list as you will see when i attach the picture, but searching the "FInder of my computer i just see the folder 1 time, leading me to believe there is in fact just 1. But if i delete one of the multiples on the Workspace...maybe i loose it all.