Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2009, 10:09 AM

Default Massive Pack 8 "End Of Life"?

I'd ordered Massive Pack 8 Pro as part of my "LE to HD2 upgrade".

My dealer told me there had been an "End Of Life" announcement and that Massive Pack 8 would be no more on Dec 31st. He has an ETA for the rest of my order but not Massive Pack 8 Pro

Also, I just noticed Massive Pack 8 has gone from the Digi site!

Is there usually much of a gap before the next Massive Pack comes along? NAMM perhaps? Seems to me that it's the best way of adding cards to a system short of second hand ones off eBay.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Massive Pack 8 "End Of Life"?

If the deal is good until December 31st, then you should be OK, even if it takes awhile to get the package. Massive Packs are a great deal, with or without a card purchase - I recommend taking advantage of it.

I'm not sure how often they come along. My feeling is every year-and-a-half, but I don't think it's a scheduled thing.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamshied View Post
If the deal is good until December 31st, then you should be OK, even if it takes awhile to get the package. Massive Packs are a great deal, with or without a card purchase - I recommend taking advantage of it.

I'm not sure how often they come along. My feeling is every year-and-a-half, but I don't think it's a scheduled thing.
Hope you're right! My dealer said the cutoff was 31st December for Massive Pack 8 orders but he seems to be having trouble getting hold of them. And they're the biggest Digi dealer in the UK!
Old 12-27-2009, 04:03 AM

Massive Pack 8 offer ended 22th December. It started in July, expect next MP in summer 2010.