Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Strike Plug In

I have the full version of the Strike plug in, but have yet to do any work with it. I like to use it as an alternative to a click track, but have not been able to use it much beyond that. Is anyone using this as a replacement to their current drum machine? Is there a tutorial I can be pointed to? Not sure why I'm having such a confusing time with this plug in.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Strike Plug In

Try this.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:45 PM

hi, just a quick question. just about to buy strike. All I need to know is if the grooves programmed follow the tempo set in the pr0-tools toolbar? Or are they rigid?
Would you know
Old 05-10-2007, 10:10 PM

Several modes for that, in fact, Strikes very flexible, the humanization features could be perceived as what makes Strike Strike.

Look up 'Beat Sync' in the Strike Plug-In Guide (Configuration Window).

filosofem
Old 05-10-2007, 10:15 PM

Just Buy the Darned Thing.
You'll be one happy camper.

STAR NINE ENTERPRISES INC.

GOD BLESS!!!!
Old 05-11-2007, 04:32 AM

Quote:
I have the full version of the Strike plug in, but have yet to do any work with it. I like to use it as an alternative to a click track, but have not been able to use it much beyond that. Is anyone using this as a replacement to their current drum machine? Is there a tutorial I can be pointed to? Not sure why I'm having such a confusing time with this plug in.
It's kind of expensive for a metronome.

Filo told me there was really good information in the manual. I downloaded it and lo and behold, there is stuff there I didn't even figure out by myself!!

Hey, since I bought Strike! I haven't even been able to bring myself the strength to even LOAD another drum program for more than five minutes. I keep telling myself, one of these days I'm going to set aside some time and write a drum part with: Battery, Drumcore, EzDrummer, Reason, etc. - I have them all. I load one, think about programming one measure, and then go "nah," reload Stike! and hit it.

Now that Filo made me read the manual, I have been doing cool stuff with the parts manually finally - and there about 500 million options I haven't even dealt with. All this after I built two extremely hot tracks with full drum parts, all without reading the manual.

Yeah, just buy it. You'll laugh out loud.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:35 AM

Quote:
hi, just a quick question. just about to buy strike. All I need to know is if the grooves programmed follow the tempo set in the pr0-tools toolbar? Or are they rigid?
Would you know
on the beat, before the beat or after the beat - in and out of time, a little off on 1 and 4, 2 and 3 - dead on zombie like time or swing it - human style "I never practiced with a metronome" time - all of the above
Old 05-11-2007, 06:30 PM

Don't feel alone. I paid the $299.00 and can't find a tutorial either. Sure they want to sell you a DVD but I think they should at least explain how to get started.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:30 PM

Don't feel alone. I paid the $299.00 and can't find a tutorial either. Sure they want to sell you a DVD but I think they should at least explain how to get started.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Oh no, I did just fine from jump with Strike! once I figured out the mouse meant nothing when it comes to recording - I tracked two tracks that sound great before I read anything. The manual you can download from Digi is really pretty good.