Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 11-02-2018, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Play AAX and Pro Tools - Need more Ram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlsize View Post
I have had this same issue for years. Back when they were on version 4.3.X I had made a support issue. I had explained the issue, it was verified by East/West support and they hoped to have it fixed in the next release of Play. That was multiple versions ago. As soon as my account information is available (for some reason tonight I just get a ticking circle) I will post the information I received.
Thank you very much for the elaborate information. In a way I'm glad that it's not just me experiencing this. Sounds like it might be related to specific plugins, in this case, Play AAX.
I'm gonna e-mail East/West and report this. For me, this is the only instrument plugin causing this RAM issue.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 11-02-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnssn View Post
I have had this issue with Drumcore 4 on my Mac when downloading my sample libraries. Once downloading is complete and I restart pro tools i don’t get the 100% memory usage. That sure that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Unfortunately, even if I exit, restart etc. Pro Tools, the problem remains. It must be annoying having to do that every time you want to use Drumcore.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 11-02-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryser View Post
I’ll be following this thread. I have a Mac and have the same issue. Two workarounds. One is VEP / when I use that I get no memory problems. Or rob RAM from one of my other computers, also using VEP.

PT 11.3, latest VEP, 2016 MBProR with 16gb RAM, running Yosemite. Will not be upgrading Bc I want to own my license and PT is rock solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting that you're on PT 11.3 with the same issue. Maybe this has been around for a long time and only affecting certain plugins.
Sounds like VEP is helpful and I will definitely look into it. Thanks for the workaround suggestion.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 11-02-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evermore View Post
Unfortunately, even if I exit, restart etc. Pro Tools, the problem remains. It must be annoying having to do that every time you want to use Drumcore.

It only has occurred when I am downloading GB of samples to update my library. I believe it more an issue with Drumcore.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:24 AM

I see, so it only happens when updating your library. Still a bit strange that it happens in PT.

Have you tried any other DAW to see if it behaves the same?
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 11-02-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I see, so it only happens when updating your library. Still a bit strange that it happens in PT.

Have you tried any other DAW to see if it behaves the same?

No, I have not.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:36 AM

Quick Update,

I got a e-mail from Eastwest saying that they are aware of this issue and that they have notified Avid. Next, I will be contacting Avid to let them know or remind them of the Play AAX issue.

For now I will just ignore it as a workaround, but I hope for a fix within the next few updates.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 11-05-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Quick Update,

I got a e-mail from Eastwest saying that they are aware of this issue and that they have notified Avid. Next, I will be contacting Avid to let them know or remind them of the Play AAX issue.

For now I will just ignore it as a workaround, but I hope for a fix within the next few updates.
Interesting when I had (still have) the issue It was going to be fixed inter next release. Just for giggles I will submit my old request and see what response I get. Let's keep in touch. Maybe one of us will get this resolved.

MacBook Pro Max 64GB ram 2TB SSD, 8TB & 4TB External SSD, Ventura 13.6.3, Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12, Pro Tools Carbon, Apollo 8 Quad Black Lion Mod, Apollo X4, UAD Octo, Avid S3, Avid Dock
Old 11-06-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlsize View Post
Interesting when I had (still have) the issue It was going to be fixed inter next release. Just for giggles I will submit my old request and see what response I get. Let's keep in touch. Maybe one of us will get this resolved.
Yes, definitely. That would be a nice reminder to East/West. I will continue to contact both parties until this gets fixed. Even though they said that it's okay to use Play by ignoring the memory error message in PT, this could be causing other problems somewhere within PT.

I appreciate all the help!
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 06-26-2021, 10:15 AM

Seems Pro Tools 2021.6 has fixed a memory issue. I am no longer getting 100% ram usage when loading Play AAX or other VI's, zero none. It appears it was a PT issue and not a Play AXX bug.

For anyone who has experienced ram issues, I highly recommend trying out PT 2021.6.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii