Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2009, 10:39 AM

Default Can't find how to install PT8 instruments on previous versios thread

I remember reading a thread that had instructions on how to install PT8's virtual instruments and plug ins on older versions but can't seem to find it. Anybody kind enough knows where is it? I'd really like to install them at my home system.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Can't find how to install PT8 instruments on previous versios thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroz View Post
I remember reading a thread that had instructions on how to install PT8's virtual instruments and plug ins on older versions but can't seem to find it. Anybody kind enough knows where is it? I'd really like to install them at my home system.

Thanks in advance.
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=236363

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Can't find how to install PT8 instruments on previous versios thread

Chris,

I had the same problem and from what I was told, there is no place to do so. I had to reinstall pro tools to do it. I spoke with tech support and that was what they gave me. Sorry buddy. You are more resourceful than me though, and maybe you'll find a way to locate them. The first time I installed PT without the files and they gave me a round about way of loading the AIR instruments but it turned out not to work right, so I just reinstalled, waited the long amount of time it takes to do so, and ta da...there they were with their libraries. I know that not exactly what you're looking for but that was my experience just with PT 8. Cheer my friend!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Goldberg View Post
Chris,

I had the same problem and from what I was told, there is no place to do so. I had to reinstall pro tools to do it. I spoke with tech support and that was what they gave me. Sorry buddy. You are more resourceful than me though, and maybe you'll find a way to locate them. The first time I installed PT without the files and they gave me a round about way of loading the AIR instruments but it turned out not to work right, so I just reinstalled, waited the long amount of time it takes to do so, and ta da...there they were with their libraries. I know that not exactly what you're looking for but that was my experience just with PT 8. Cheer my friend!
Hi Scott,

This is about installing the new PT8 instruments and plugins and getting them to work in pro tools version 7.x

Once you have installed PT8 and have all the plugins and the "pro tools creative collection" folder, you can copy these onto your pro tools 7.x install and use them in pro tools 7. all the instruction for doing this are in the linked thread.

You have to be careful with copying some of the presets folders, not to overwrite your presets and a few other caveats, but read the whole thread and its there.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:17 AM

Yeah, you know, I saw what you were saying after I made the post but I was too lazy to make more corrections. I wish I could remember how I did it. The stepped me through it but again, for me it didn't quite work. Good luck Chris.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Thanks. I searched but couldn't find it somehow.