Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2016, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Announcing Fender Collection 2 for AmpliTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
I can't speak to that but I did try that dreadful UAD Deluxe model. Owning a few old Deluxe amps I can say it sounded like a box of bees.
How exactly did you do the comparison?
Old 12-19-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
I can't speak to that but I did try that dreadful UAD Deluxe model. Owning a few old Deluxe amps I can say it sounded like a box of bees.

Your satisfaction with amp modelers is generally the inverse of how many well maintained great amps you have owned.

I use Guitar Rig (oddly enough rarely on guitars) sometimes and I have an 11R that's great for some things - bass).

I've played the Amplitube things in the past and they were pretty decent for what they are. That was a long time ago so I would imagine they've gotten a lot better.
That 'box of bees' comment is boilerplate for anyone that doesn't spend the time to really work with an amp sim. How about something original? To me the UAD sim sounds very good.

And your comment about satisfaction with amp modelers being inverse to how many physical amps one has owned/played through doesn't hold much water if you're in a situation where you can't mic up a physical amp or you don't have the amp with the sound you want/need for a session. Sometimes one has to be satisfied with doing it in s/w and that has nothing to do with owning the physical amp.

I too have Guitar Rig 5 and it's fairly decent but again not best of breed. It can do some things other sims can't but that doesn't mean it's all that and a bag of chips. I think it's fx are the better part of the package than the amps themselves. Also have an 11R but haven't used it for it's simulations in a long time as I find it a one trick high gain pony with difficulty getting a good clean sound out of it. It does fulfill it's interface duties well though.

QAPLA!
Old 12-20-2016, 01:36 PM

any idea when it will be released? it says December and there ain't many days left this month lol was kinda hoping it would be released BEFORE Christmas lol

KNOT HARDLY PRODUCTIONS LLP*
Knot Hardly Esquire
Farcebook Twatter

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Window$10 FX4300 MSI970A-G46 16Gb AMD7870

*a Limited Liability Persona
Old 12-20-2016, 03:38 PM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothardly View Post
any idea when it will be released? it says December and there ain't many days left this month lol was kinda hoping it would be released BEFORE Christmas lol
We're trying to get it out very soon. We'd like to have it out before Christmas but don't have a specific date - we'll do our best to get it out as soon as possible.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:17 PM

thnx for reply cheers

Knot Hardly Esquire
Farcebook Twatter

Old 12-20-2016, 04:39 PM

For those interested hope that it doesn't turn into Slate 'soon'

QAPLA!
Old 12-21-2016, 08:13 AM

can't be as bad as slate... he takes the cake

Knot Hardly Esquire
Farcebook Twatter

Old 12-22-2016, 08:25 AM

Fender Collection 2 showed up in my gear this morning so... TADA i reckon it is out for general consumption if you pre-ordered it. also on IK site it says "intro pricing" now and no pre-order so i take it that it is open for everyone.

Knot Hardly Esquire
Farcebook Twatter

Old 12-22-2016, 10:17 AM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothardly View Post
Fender Collection 2 showed up in my gear this morning so... TADA i reckon it is out for general consumption if you pre-ordered it. also on IK site it says "intro pricing" now and no pre-order so i take it that it is open for everyone.
Yes, there is a small window of time to get the pre-order pricing, and Fender Collection 2 is definitely available now! Happy holidays :)
Old 12-22-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
That 'box of bees' comment is boilerplate for anyone that doesn't spend the time to really work with an amp sim. How about something original? To me the UAD sim sounds very good.

And your comment about satisfaction with amp modelers being inverse to how many physical amps one has owned/played through doesn't hold much water if you're in a situation where you can't mic up a physical amp or you don't have the amp with the sound you want/need for a session. Sometimes one has to be satisfied with doing it in s/w and that has nothing to do with owning the physical amp.

I too have Guitar Rig 5 and it's fairly decent but again not best of breed. It can do some things other sims can't but that doesn't mean it's all that and a bag of chips. I think it's fx are the better part of the package than the amps themselves. Also have an 11R but haven't used it for it's simulations in a long time as I find it a one trick high gain pony with difficulty getting a good clean sound out of it. It does fulfill it's interface duties well though.
I agree with you, there are places/situations where you can't mic something up and there are some things that are easier to do with a sim.

My big complaint with the UAD Deluxe is that it didn't respond like my old Deluxe amps do. It was dirty and working to get a good clean sound (which a Tweed Deluxe does very well even if it's not what some people think of) didn't work so well. It was either way distorted or uninspiring and anemic.

You obviously like the UAD emulation. Do you also own an original? How do you find they compare?

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/