Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 08-06-2020, 08:31 AM

Default Avid S1 won't stay connected, won't accept firmware update

I bought a demo S1 from Alto Music and it just won't stay connected and mostly won't even show up in EuControl. When I try to update the firmware from 0.0.21.0 to the latest version which may resolve the problem, it disconnects before it can begin and displays "Could not send firmware to Avid S1. Make sure your network and power cables are firmly connected and update this unit again". The S1 then is likely to freeze up and the power switch won't work so I have to manually unplug it to turn it off.

I've tried directly connecting to a computer using the provided crossover cable and manual IP addresses, i've plugged into a switch connected to the computer and router with DHCP, without DHCP and manual addresses, port forwarding 49168, different Ethernet cables, tried it only my laptop, tried it on Windows 10, same problem, nothing works. EuControl is allowed accessibility access in MacOS. I've called Avid support but no one is answering phones. Thanks

Last edited by bluemoa; 08-06-2020 at 08:47 AM. Reason: More details
Old 08-12-2020, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Avid S1 won't stay connected, won't accept firmware update

Can anyone help me with this? I cannot get in touch with Avid support as they are constantly busy (I get redirected to Media Composer support). thanks

Update: finally got in touch today, the unit is DOA so I have to return it. Grr

Last edited by bluemoa; 08-12-2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Update