Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #111  
Old 11-14-2020, 09:07 AM
TheFilterLab TheFilterLab is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Minneapolis, USA
Posts: 40
Default Re: User tips for D command & D control

My D-Command is working great with 2020.9.1. I'm not planning on leaving ICON any time soon. Even after PT stops supporting it I'll probably stay on that version for as long as I can before I'm forced to upgrade. It's just such a big part of my workflow. It's going to be a hard transition to leave it.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 11-14-2020, 09:00 PM
sharpesound sharpesound is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 6
Default Re: User tips for D command & D control

...just picked up a second hand D-Command 24-fader plus XMon in awesome condition and can confirm plugin mapping works perfectly in Pro Tools 2020.11 Ultimate.

Thanks to everyone for this great thread
__________________
Sound Design, Audio Post, Audio Director
Melbourne, Australia.

www.sharpesound.com.au
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-22-2020, 08:31 AM
sleshnyc@gmail.com sleshnyc@gmail.com is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Wilton Ct
Posts: 59
Default Re: User tips for D command & D control

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydpik View Post
So 10 years later... :) Are these boards still working properly and compatible with the latest Pro Tools updates? I'm interested in getting plugin mapping for mixing with my hands instead of the computer mouse. But these boards are old and AVID not supporting them anymore. So I was just wondering if you are still happy with the D-command/C24, or have you all moved on to newer controllers? Thanks a lot! :)
I just moved from Pro Control to a D command, using current version of pro tools. It's amazing. I can't believe i waited so long. It's a deep learning curve as far as getting ALL of the functionality, but i keep watching the videos and reading this thread (the greatest thread of all time). I tried an S1 and it lasted about 5 minutes. D command rules.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 01-16-2021, 05:20 AM
Ru_C Ru_C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: London + Bedford, UK
Posts: 941
Default Re: User tips for D command & D control

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleshnyc@gmail.com View Post
I just moved from Pro Control to a D command, using current version of pro tools. It's amazing. I can't believe i waited so long. It's a deep learning curve as far as getting ALL of the functionality, but i keep watching the videos and reading this thread (the greatest thread of all time). I tried an S1 and it lasted about 5 minutes. D command rules.
yep, Ive managed to put together a 40 Fader D-Command ES setup together now, to replace my old(er) Pro Control setup. I love it.

Fingers crossed it will stay compatible for a long as possible. even if unsupported.

There was no way I could have ever afforded a similar S6 setup, but AVID still get my ££ anyway as I've stayed in the ecosystem & bought an Ultimate licence.

I'll continue paying to keep ultimate up to date as long as it works with the D-Command.
__________________
A Rig: OSX 10.15.6, PT Ultimate2020.11.1, Native PCI-e Card, AVID I/O16 Analog i/o x2, 40 fader D-Command ES

B Rig: OSX 10.9.5, PT HD 10.3.10, HD3 Accel, AVID192D+ 2xPresonus FS8 for I/o, 32 fader Pro Control

C Rig: (Home/Office). OSX 10.14.6, PT Ultimate2020.11.0, Focusrite 2i2 (2nd Gen), Faderport
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 02-02-2021, 10:27 AM
neilvg neilvg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 46
Default Re: User tips for D command & D control

Beyond a few software implemented features the EUCON protocol has in general, I vastly prefer the ICON range, specifically the Dcommand. I actually wouldn't take an S-series worksurface over the dcommand. But there is one feature 'folder spill' I wish was supported by Icon surfaces.
__________________
Pro Tools 11.2.1 | HDN | OSX 10.8.5 | oMP 12-core 3.06 16gb 1333 DDR3 | 128gb Corsair Force SSD System | 256gb Asus RAIDR PCIE SSD Project | 2tb WD Samples drives

30" Cinema Display | Adam S3a and Dali MS-4 with Krell KAV-400xi amplifier | Lynx Aurora HD interface w/ Cranesong Spider via AES
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 02-05-2021, 01:54 AM
martthie_08 martthie_08 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 178
Default Re: User tips for D command & D control

Quote:
But there is one feature 'folder spill' I wish was supported by Icon surfaces.
Same here, it would be REALLY fantastic if AVID would implement this for ICON desks.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 02-20-2021, 05:56 AM
lydpik lydpik is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Unknown
Posts: 82
Default Re: User tips for D command & D control

Really great to hear that D-command is still working... I'm on the fence about getting one as the are getting more affordable now.

It's a 24 fader in a good state and will cost me around $3000.

What do you guys think, is it too risky investing in this product, how worried should I be?

How about the price (3000) is that fair and what other potential problems should I be aware of?

I probably should save up and getting a new S3, but I'm worried that I can't live without a proper channelstrip.

Any advice you can give me would much appreciated! Thank you. :)
__________________
Sorry for any bad grammar/spelling, I'm not from around here.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 03-30-2021, 03:09 PM
sharpesound sharpesound is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 6
Default Re: User tips for D command & D control

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydpik View Post
Really great to hear that D-command is still working... I'm on the fence about getting one as the are getting more affordable now.

It's a 24 fader in a good state and will cost me around $3000.

What do you guys think, is it too risky investing in this product, how worried should I be?

How about the price (3000) is that fair and what other potential problems should I be aware of?

I probably should save up and getting a new S3, but I'm worried that I can't live without a proper channelstrip.

Any advice you can give me would much appreciated! Thank you. :)

I think $3000 for a good condition D-Command with XMon is a very good price for you, does it come with Xmon?
__________________
Sound Design, Audio Post, Audio Director
Melbourne, Australia.

www.sharpesound.com.au
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 05-05-2021, 05:58 AM
sleshnyc@gmail.com sleshnyc@gmail.com is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Wilton Ct
Posts: 59
Default Re: User tips for D command & D control

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvg View Post
Beyond a few software implemented features the EUCON protocol has in general, I vastly prefer the ICON range, specifically the Dcommand. I actually wouldn't take an S-series worksurface over the dcommand. But there is one feature 'folder spill' I wish was supported by Icon surfaces.
vca groups spill on the d command, so try that. assign your folder/group to a vca. when you select the vca it spills it's contents onto faders.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 05-07-2021, 05:30 AM
Drew Mazurek's Avatar
Drew Mazurek Drew Mazurek is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 11,579
Default Re: User tips for D command & D control

I have an 8 fader D Command with X-Mon for sale. PM if interested.

I also have replacement faders for sale.
https://reverb.com/shop/drews-gear-locker-199
__________________
www.drewmazurek.com

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New SC48 User - Tips on configuration justinphilip VENUE Live Sound Systems 1 10-29-2013 06:14 PM
New User - any tips or tricks Johnrg 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 7 03-18-2009 07:26 PM
Tips for old PT user, new ProControl user please? seanhupe ProControl, Control|24, Command|8 11 04-04-2006 08:42 PM
any tips for a new MAC user Soberphobia 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 4 02-24-2003 07:33 AM
New HUI user-want to know tips & tricks Digital Sound Lab Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 8 12-14-2000 02:49 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com