How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2017, 08:00 AM

Default Pro Tools 12 Renewal alternative

Hey guys,

this is just for all those who may be afraid experiencing troubles during the procedure of renewing their PT12 upgrade and support plans via the Avid store.

Not only have I read about a lot of other people facing issues on buying from the Avid store directly but myself have had problems too as the website got
stuck while paying per Paypal etc. I had to open a Support Case finally and they had to reverse the Paypal authorization etc. Avid Support were great and
helpful and they solved the problem within two days. Nevertheless it was no great experience to buy from the Avid store unfortunately.

After that I decided to buy both my PT12 renewals (1x HD, 1x Native) from Sweetwater again like I had done it last year and everything worked like a charm.
Got the authorization codes within a few hours per email, typed it in in my Avid account and the new expiration dates (2018) were indicated immediately after
that in my account. Perfect.

So this experience gave me back a positive and good feeling about my investment in Pro Tools and I´m looking forward to using it for another year.

If anybody else may be concerned about the troubles have been reported and people have experienced on buying their renewals from the Avid store I definitely
recommend them to buy it from Sweetwater instead until Avid may have solved the web based issues of their online store. Don´t let it get you down just
by a malfunctioning Avid store!

Pro Tools 12 Native renewal (only upgrades, no support) for $99.-
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PTAUPExt
Pro Tools 12 HD renewal (upgrade and support) for $399.-
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PTHDAUPExt

You can find any other kind of Pro Tools 12 renewals, upgrades etc. on the Sweetwater site as well.
Needless to say that me personally have nothing to do with Sweetwater but being a happy customer. I just wanted to share my positive experience with
other users who still love Pro Tools and who want to stay on this feeling further on...

Let´s hope Avid can improve the functionality of their online store until next year but besides that for European customers like myself buying from Sweetwater
(or any other US online store) even saves you a little money. Compared to buying it from your local Avid store.

The best of success to you all. Have fun!