Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2011, 11:09 AM

Default Turning off Mute playback, and only mutes?

Is there a way to turn off the playback of mute automation, yet leaving on the other automation like volume and pan?

Pro Tools does an annoying thing. When I import tracks from another session, it defaults to importing mute automation, and will write mute nodes on every region on the import even if none were written in the source session. So often I forget to uncheck the "import mutes" when importing tracks. Sp I find myself always having to delete mute nodes on entire tracks manually because I don't see a way of disabling the playback of mutes without affecting other things I do want to play back like volume & pan.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Turning off Mute playback, and only mutes?

I'm actually having the same issue. I would really love some input from one of the more knowledgeable guys here!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:54 AM

This isn't the most efficient fix, but have you tried selecting all the problematic tracks in your session, switching them over to show the "Mute" playlist, then selecting all and deleting automation?

Another way is to simply highlight everything in your session, then go to "Edit" and selecting "Clear All Automation" - this will remove any other automation in your session as well so be mindful of that.

Mac Pro (2013)
3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB Memory
OS X 10.12.6

PT 2018.1
Old 02-21-2014, 03:31 PM

Switch to Mute Playlist and then hold down Control+command while clicking on the word Mute will make the mute automation inactive.
Mix Tech/Assistant Sound Editor
Old 02-24-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C View Post
Switch to Mute Playlist and then hold down Control+command while clicking on the word Mute will make the mute automation inactive.
+1

And to add to this, if you hold <Option Command> instead of <Control Command> every mute playlist in the entire session will be deactivated, even on hidden tracks.