Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2023.3 is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0c0p0ps View Post
No the sessions with problems are mastering chains that using ozone advanced on the track, bussed to a stereo aux with the limiter. Delay of about 16k samples in total and ADC going red which never happened before this release (or happens now I have rolled back).

Before going back I did try an Atmos session linked to the renderer which stayed green but only had a total of 6k samples ADC. I then tried the same master session using a different playback engine device but had the same red warning.

Immediately resolved by rolling back.
Sounds very much like a bug. Definitely report this to avid if you already haven't. Bummer cause this version has a lot of promise, but is filled with these show-stopper issues.
Old 03-27-2023, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2023.3 is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0c0p0ps View Post
I am getting this exact same behaviour with the red ADC warnings on sessions that were previously working fine. Have also rolled back to the previous version and again they have no issues.
I'm seeing this issue too
Old 03-28-2023, 05:16 AM

Default Pro Tools 2023.3 - Major delay compensation bug

Hey All,

2023.3 looked superb/great updates, but I've encountered quite a major bug which as a mix engineer is a total show-stopper for me.

We all know Pro Tools has a delay compensation limit (frustrating, but I've learned to live with it for now), but for some reason this limit has changed in 2023.3. Projects which were absolutely fine are now playing back weirdly/out of time. The bizarre thing is, hovering over the red Dly indicator in the arrange window gives no tooltip indicating what's gone wrong, but the project is audibly off, the indicator is red and the PDC indicators in the mix view are also showing red. This is all despite the total amount of delay compensation being below Pro Tools' designated amount.

It seems to take *very little* to knock this out of time currently.

Screenshots attached.

Info:

i9 Intel MBP 15" 2019 maxed out
Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1
RME Madiface XT
1024 buffer size
As well as native plugins, I'm using some UAD + Hardware inserts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 12.55.26.jpg (9.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 12.55.32.jpg (18.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-28-2023, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2023.3 - Major delay compensation bug

I probably can't help you, but I can definitely tell you that those images are illegible. Which may make it hard for anybody else to help.
You will need to use Dropbox or Imgur or some other image hosting website to get better resolution....and put the links in the post.

Dominic
Old 03-28-2023, 07:48 AM

Multiple other users reporting similar ADC red at unexpected low values over in the 2023.3 thread, starting with this post....https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=...3&postcount=80

(thanks for creating a new thread for a problem, much easier to keep track of, if there is an eager, wonderful, moderator here maybe they might be able to pull the several related posts out of that other thread and move them here...).

If you want to maximize the likelihood of getting attention on this you should open a support case with Avid support. There are far too many ADC related bugs, and maybe trying to fix some of them in 2023.3 yet again broke ADC?
Old 03-28-2023, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthemusicbloke View Post
Hey All,

2023.3 looked superb/great updates, but I've encountered quite a major bug which as a mix engineer is a total show-stopper for me.

We all know Pro Tools has a delay compensation limit (frustrating, but I've learned to live with it for now), but for some reason this limit has changed in 2023.3. Projects which were absolutely fine are now playing back weirdly/out of time. The bizarre thing is, hovering over the red Dly indicator in the arrange window gives no tooltip indicating what's gone wrong, but the project is audibly off, the indicator is red and the PDC indicators in the mix view are also showing red. This is all despite the total amount of delay compensation being below Pro Tools' designated amount.

It seems to take *very little* to knock this out of time currently.

Screenshots attached.

Info:

i9 Intel MBP 15" 2019 maxed out
Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1
RME Madiface XT
1024 buffer size
As well as native plugins, I'm using some UAD + Hardware inserts.
Same issue for me...and I had to roll back to 2022.9 because I don't see the DL for .12 anywhere
Old 03-28-2023, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviskenn View Post
Same issue for me...and I had to roll back to 2022.9 because I don't see the DL for .12 anywhere
2022.12 is actually available on the Avid Download Centre. It's a little confusing as they aren't ordered according to their release date. It's there however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
I probably can't help you, but I can definitely tell you that those images are illegible. Which may make it hard for anybody else to help.
You will need to use Dropbox or Imgur or some other image hosting website to get better resolution....and put the links in the post.

Dominic
Hadn't realised the forum does that, nvm. Thanks for letting me know, should be quite apparent what's going on however. Anything over 8000 samples of latency seems to knock it out.
Old 03-28-2023, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthemusicbloke View Post
...Projects which were absolutely fine are now playing back weirdly/out of time...
Checking with the team here. Can you please start a support case in my.avid.com > Access The Support Center > My Equipment to provide screenshots and a session (no audio)? Thank you!
Old 03-28-2023, 06:38 PM

This is the same 8k sample limit bug in delay compensation everyone else is seeing in the other thread. And when you go over the limit, compensation is useless so things go out of time.

I mean, this is 1/2 the max sample compensation that should be available. Hasn't Avid been able to repro this and give it a bug code yet like the grid issue? It's very easy to do -- just exceed 8000 samples. Load a few plugins with lookahead buffers or some UAD (that use their dsp) plugins.
Old 03-29-2023, 01:59 AM

Also experiencing and reported this bug in the release thread here
https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=140
Closed Thread