Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2000, 03:10 PM

Default Can I Bounce 2 mono tracks into only one track? Please help.....

This is the retarted Trash Man!!!
I need to bounce two mono tracks into just one track. Can I do that without having to run the sound out into a mixer and back into the 001? I'd like to keep it all in Pro Tools if possible....By the way, I used the search method but I found no topics on this....
Thank you so much, anyone and everyone...

Trash Man
Old 06-29-2000, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Can I Bounce 2 mono tracks into only one track? Please help.....

Sure, just solo the two tracks (with or without effects), and bounce to disk using the "import after bounce" option.

Then drag it into a new audio channel from the bin using the "spot" mode and it will ask for a placement. Just tell it "original time stamp" and it should put it in the exact correct location (if all goes well ).

Hopefully, I didn't miss something more complicated in what you're trying to do...

------------------
LW

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 06-29-2000, 06:54 PM

You can also "buss" the two to a new audio
track.It's more "analog" style.
Old 06-29-2000, 09:20 PM

Man I truly appreciate your advice....It's people like you that made me purchase the 001. The second I saw this forum I ordered the 001. Everyone is so supportive in this damn forum, I LOVE IT.....Thank you guys so so mucho.....

The Trash Man....
Old 06-29-2000, 11:02 PM

lwilliam LARRY
rat1016

these guys are serious veterans i study. do a search on their names and you'll see a ton of useful threads. and some funny ones. there are a few others too. do the search now!!!

jjk
Old 06-30-2000, 06:34 AM

OOps...
Another weird thing happened...well for one my keyboard wont work at all...Like I'll try to move the song to say bar 50 in the Transport window...I type in the # and nothing comes up at all. Or even when I Want to name a track, the keyboard wont work at all....The mouse works, but no keyboard.
One last thang...On just one of my songs the solo button doesn't work. If I select it on a track it turns the bright yellow to indicate that it's on but there's no solo..The thing is, that when I turn it off it is an unusual light light grey color....A color I've never seen..Did I bypass the solo button for all tracks, and how can I get back to the regular soloing...????
Thank you so mucho and Im gonna do the search on you veterans today at work....Thanks....

Trash Man...
Old 06-30-2000, 09:22 AM

try trashing keyboard prefs, make sure the keyboard control panel is set to western (or whatever it's supposed to be, i'm on a pc now)restart.

make sure you dont have any tracks muted. if you are soloing something that you are sending to an aux, you must also solo that aux. try option clicking the solo and mute buttons until they all appear to be the same color.

hope that helps.

jjk
Old 06-30-2000, 09:49 AM

If the solo button is a strange grey color,
it's probably in "solo safe" mode."Command"
click it.
Old 07-05-2000, 10:54 AM

Thanks for all the advice...It worked!!!
I had one more question...I did both ways of bouncing the tracks...I did the Bounce to Disk method, and I did the Buss method..They both worked, however the signal that the new "mono" track recieved was really weak compared to the original tracks....(When I say weak I mean not as loud and a little muffled...I set the level of the buss as loud as I could w/out getting into the red but when I play the "bounced track, it was weak, compared to the original track....
I was wondering, since everything is digital, cant I bounce the tracks just as they sound at the exact same levels to the new track, or am I going to have to just deal with the fact that the signal is weaker when I bounce....???? I thought with digital bounces there is no regeneration loss in the sound quality....Any advice?

Thank You,
Trash Man
Old 07-05-2000, 11:00 AM

hmmmm....sounds like a "mono compatibility" issue to me, but I'm going to leave that topic alone until I iron out my own mono challenges.

I'll keep you posted as I become more educated on this mono thing.

jimmy