Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2012, 11:08 PM

Default Digidesign Magna Expansion Chassis For Sale $250

Digidesign Magna Expansion Chassis for sale. I dont know the model, but I do have photos, been sitting for 4 years now, Looking to get $250.00 or best offer. If interested please write or PM and I can send you Photos. Please let me know if you have any questions, Its huge so $30.00 in Shipping will be added to the final sale price, Payment by Paypal only, Thank you

Main:
Model: Dell 5750 Precision Workstation
CPU:*Intel Core Processor i7-10750H (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 2.60 GHz to 5.00 GHz,
Memory:64GB, 2X32GB,DDR4 2933Mhz Non-ECC
OS M.2 512GB PCIe NVMe, Record Intel 1TB SSD, 2T SSD, 1TB SSD
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen
AVID Pro Tools 2023.12
JBL LSR4328P 8"
JBL LSR310S 10 inch Powered Studio Subwoofer*
Yamaha HS50M Studio Monitors
Alesis Elevate 3 Studio Monitors
M-Audio Axiom 61 Midi Controller
Old 12-30-2012, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Digidesign Magna Expansion Chassis For Sale $250

The Chassie is a PCI or PCI-X

Main:
AVID Pro Tools 2023.12
JBL LSR4328P 8"
Old 01-02-2013, 03:18 PM

This is a 14 card Chassis. The Magna PCI is in the Box. Jusr needs a power cord and cord for the Magna PCI Chassis Card

Main:
AVID Pro Tools 2023.12
JBL LSR4328P 8"
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 AM

The Magma Box is just like this one

http://www.magma.com/13-slot-pci-expansion

Need to upgrade your server or desktop computer? Got a small footprint computer and full-sized PCI cards? Don’t want to lose your investment in pricey PCI cards that don’t fit the new computer? Simply need more PCI slots or storage space? Are your full-sized, power-hungry, high-heat-generating PCI cards dragging your computer down? You can install practically any PCI card into the Magma PCI Expansion System and connect it to your new or old server or desktop computer through a variety of Magma host cards. The Magma 13 Slot PCI Expansion System is a 4U, rackmountable, chassis that allows you to plug-in up to thirteen (13) full-sized power-demanding PCI cards and up to four (4) 3.5” hard drives.

Increase I/O Capability: There are numerous performance and functionality hungry professionals that simply need more PCI slots than a typical computer provides. Even with the introduction of more robust desktop computers and servers, increased I/O capability is still required. If you have a powerful application that requires the use of several PCI cards, increase the number of PCI slots in your system with a Magma PCI Expansion System.

Flexible System: The use of computer specific host cards makes using your unique PCI cards and vital data as simple as “Plug & Play” because all you need to do is to connect the Magma PCI Expansion System to the host card for your computer and turn it on. Use the same PCI cards on your laptop as you do on your desktop or server – just add a Magma CardBus or ExpressCard and connect the cable. The auto-switching power supply even allows you to work internationally by simply adding a power cord plug adapter.

Configuration Control: Setting up your PCI cards and data in one chassis provides you an opportunity to use a consistent hardware configuration – regardless of what type of computer is available. Being able to “hit the ground running” is vital to every successful venture. Being able to use “the same PCI cards,” regardless of location also reduces project risks.

Host cards are available for the following systems: (1) Laptop: CardBus or ExpressCard or (2) Desktop/Server: 32 or 64-Bit PCI, or x1 PCI Express.

Main:
AVID Pro Tools 2023.12
JBL LSR4328P 8"
Old 06-24-2013, 11:59 PM

Can you run the Chassis alongside Accel catds and Core card in the computers motherboard or do all Pro Tools cards have to live in the chassis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus1900 View Post
The Magma Box is just like this one

http://www.magma.com/13-slot-pci-expansion

Need to upgrade your server or desktop computer? Got a small footprint computer and full-sized PCI cards? Don’t want to lose your investment in pricey PCI cards that don’t fit the new computer? Simply need more PCI slots or storage space? Are your full-sized, power-hungry, high-heat-generating PCI cards dragging your computer down? You can install practically any PCI card into the Magma PCI Expansion System and connect it to your new or old server or desktop computer through a variety of Magma host cards. The Magma 13 Slot PCI Expansion System is a 4U, rackmountable, chassis that allows you to plug-in up to thirteen (13) full-sized power-demanding PCI cards and up to four (4) 3.5” hard drives.

Increase I/O Capability: There are numerous performance and functionality hungry professionals that simply need more PCI slots than a typical computer provides. Even with the introduction of more robust desktop computers and servers, increased I/O capability is still required. If you have a powerful application that requires the use of several PCI cards, increase the number of PCI slots in your system with a Magma PCI Expansion System.

Flexible System: The use of computer specific host cards makes using your unique PCI cards and vital data as simple as “Plug & Play” because all you need to do is to connect the Magma PCI Expansion System to the host card for your computer and turn it on. Use the same PCI cards on your laptop as you do on your desktop or server – just add a Magma CardBus or ExpressCard and connect the cable. The auto-switching power supply even allows you to work internationally by simply adding a power cord plug adapter.

Configuration Control: Setting up your PCI cards and data in one chassis provides you an opportunity to use a consistent hardware configuration – regardless of what type of computer is available. Being able to “hit the ground running” is vital to every successful venture. Being able to use “the same PCI cards,” regardless of location also reduces project risks.

Host cards are available for the following systems: (1) Laptop: CardBus or ExpressCard or (2) Desktop/Server: 32 or 64-Bit PCI, or x1 PCI Express.