Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2011, 10:58 AM

Default Inconsistent Click Track

Hello All,

I have not run into this problem before, but today when trying to make a click track, I am getting an inconsistent beat. Not sure what is causing this. It does a few beats, not evenly, then drops out, then goes to a double time beat, then slows back down again. If I move my playback marker, it does the same pattern again. I closed the session, created a new session, and am getting the same results! I've tried turning everything off and starting from scratch again, but nothing is wiping out that pattern. I thought it might be a clocking issue, but it is getting the clock from it's internal source. I do have a Motif 8 connected to Protools through a MIDI cable, but it has never caused me problems in the past. Any suggestions as to what else to try to remedy this would be greatly appreciated!

Rob
Old 01-22-2011, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Inconsistent Click Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx1messxx View Post
Hello All,

I have not run into this problem before, but today when trying to make a click track, I am getting an inconsistent beat. Not sure what is causing this. It does a few beats, not evenly, then drops out, then goes to a double time beat, then slows back down again. If I move my playback marker, it does the same pattern again. I closed the session, created a new session, and am getting the same results! I've tried turning everything off and starting from scratch again, but nothing is wiping out that pattern. I thought it might be a clocking issue, but it is getting the clock from it's internal source. I do have a Motif 8 connected to Protools through a MIDI cable, but it has never caused me problems in the past. Any suggestions as to what else to try to remedy this would be greatly appreciated!

Rob
Its very likely you have inadvertently changed the tempo in the session in multiple places, since it does the same patter over and over. Im not at my rig, so i couldn't tell you exactly where and what to click, but maybe toggling the far right most button on the transport will tell us if the tempo has been changed.

Nick
OCZ Agility 64 GB SSD
Hitachi 1TB 32 MB HDD
WD Caviar Black 500GB
Saphhire HD 5850
3 x 20" monitors

Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Fender Super Champ XD
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 Silver Edition W/ Silver Jubilee Cabinet
Old 01-22-2011, 03:31 PM

I ran into this issue MANY years ago when I was still on a PC and it seems to me the solution was as simple as changing the buffer size, I can't recall whether it was higher or lower. I would mess with that and it's always a good call to try trashing the preferences and restarting :)

Mac Pro 2008 (Harpertown) -- OS X 10.8.2 -- 16GB RAM -- WD Black Drives -- UA Apollo Quad -- Pro Tools 10 w/ CPTK
Old 01-23-2011, 09:02 AM

Thanks for the tips. I did check the tempo map, and it is just a single tempo. I will play with the buffer size and see if that fixes it. One more thing...I needed to find a work around to get a click, and I used BOOM and deleted a pattern, made a 4 beat click, and that stays consistent, however, the Digidesign click does not.

Very strange!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Avid

In the Click/Countoff Options try changing the duration for accented and unaccented notes to a different value - start with 10 and move up from there if it still behaves oddly.