Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-27-2002, 10:50 AM

Default No Audio Playback .... ???

We were mixing last night and after a plug (dither and/or PAZ) was inserted on master fader all the audio stopped. No meters on the software and no meter activity on hardware. Now, the session no longer plays any audio even after removal of said plugs from master fader. Any ideas? Could the session file be corrupt? If so what would cause it? Backup session files do work.

Using Mac G4/500 OS 9.2.2
PT's 5.1.1 TDM 4-card system

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2002, 11:07 AM

Default Re: No Audio Playback .... ???

what version of waves software are you using? Were there any waves plug-ins on other tracks? This problem was common back in the 2.8 days when waves used the ADB dongle. If the dongle wasn't in place (or being properly seen), the plug-ins would stop passing audio after 90 seconds and would not start passing audio again until the plug-in was de-instanciated. You might check that out. Let us know.
Old 02-27-2002, 01:10 PM

I've disabled auto-backup after it appeared to corrupt some of my sessions. It's happened a few times during Audiosuite operations and once during track transfer. I'm not saying that's what's behind your situation, especially when your backup files are fine (mine weren't), but it's the only thing I've come across that can comprehensively wreck a session if it kicks in while the CPU's working hard.
Old 02-28-2002, 04:58 AM

Shawn,

We're using Waves 3. I'll check the session to see what other Waves plugs they had active. On the master fader I believe it was just Digi's dither and/or PAZ.

Doug,

Interesting. I had no idea about this. They did have auto backup turned on since they had a recent backup session file that works ok. Perhaps you're right on this one?

At this juncture this is a somewhat isolated incident since I have 70 students doing projects concurrently on this rig and I'm not seeing this problem on a regular basis and I believe most have auto backup turned on.

Thanks ...... DG

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]