Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Possible Bug ? Tracks Grouped - No Group Selected.

Well after 3 different posts, Gringo sent me THIS FILE after our correspondance in THIS THREAD

This session, as he stated, with no groups highlighted, still has all Mutes, solos, and faders acting grouped, No Editing, JUST Mix grouped. The "Fix" seems to be, to Click rapidly on the "ALL" group, on and off a dozen or so times (Like it's stuck like a dirty console button) and the session begins performing normally.

If you don't save the session... when you re-open it, it behaves this way again.

Now... I'm still drinking coffee, and haven't really "Thought this one out"

I've just popped it up here... see what all Y'all think, I may be missing something realy simple, but I don't think so.

This session does seem odd. Let's get some confirmations on this, if it's a bug, or the "setting" that was overlooked, that's causing this.

I've fixed it, again by toggling ALL on and off, which seems odd to me, if it were a preference somewhere, pummeling the "ALL group", wouldn't change the performance operation.

All Track Mute, Solo, and Faders, (Only mix functionality, no editing functions) when you first open this session, seem grouped, and there is no group highlighted.

In 1 case, all I had to do, was turn the ALL group On, then Off again, and the session was fine.

Opening the session a dozen times, has yeilded different results.

Sometimes 1 quick "On Off" of the ALL Group, and it's all good... other times, it takes a few "On Off's"

what does everybody else get???

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 03-12-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Possible Bug ? Tracks Grouped - No Group Selected.

Further Testing.

Above behavior was in PTLE 6.4 cs9 on PC

Just checked the session on PTLE 6.7 OSX and although the sesion behaves the same way when first opened, a quick "ON - OFF" of either ALL or "Clean" (User created) Group, seems to return the session to normal operation.

In 6.4 the results were considerably more intermittent.

- MacStudio M1
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
Old 03-12-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Possible Bug ? Tracks Grouped - No Group Selec

KF, it could simply be a corrupt session file. If you create an empty session and import all the data from the original, it may fix it permanently.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:16 PM

Chris... Oddly enough, if you create a New session, and import session data for all tracks, into the new session... it imports the "Corrupt Relationship" between the tracks, again.. fixes itself by "Oiling the ALL button "

the true "Bug" scenario, I suppose, would be if whatever Version the original poster is running, continues to create sessions with this corrupt track relationship.

I've asked him to watch this thread, and see if more sessions created on a fully updated cs version, create this scenario.

- MacStudio M1
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
Old 03-12-2005, 02:38 PM

Interesting. If he imports the data one track at a time, would it point to a single track corrupting the session?

Also check to see if markers might be causing the issue.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Possible Bug ? Tracks Grouped - No Group Selected.

All,

Downloaded the session and tried on my pc. Athlon xp2200, 512MB ram, XPHome SP1, DIGI001, PT6.4cs9. No problem here. Grouping works as advertised. You did not mention the "clean" group in your post. Had to "click" disable both as they both "group all". Single click and keyboard shutcuts work properly during numerous attempts to duplicate problem as described.

Hope this helps.

Jack
Old 03-12-2005, 03:33 PM

For what it's worth, I have no trouble un-grouping these tracks normally, either.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:02 AM

well then.. I'll leave it rest, and to show i'm not personally insane, I'll leave this topic with a movie of the strange track relationship happening at first session opening, before touching the ALL button.

QuickTime *.MOV file

- MacStudio M1
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
Old 03-13-2005, 06:50 AM

Ain't technology grand...
After watching your clip and duplicating your moves, I had the same group experience with this session. However, I could not duplicate it in any other session. (5.1 and 6.4cs9, new or existing).

Wish I could offer more, but I'm as lost as a dog in high weeds on this one.

they're coming to take me away, ha-ha....
Old 03-13-2005, 07:20 AM

Quote:
well then.. I'll leave it rest, and to show i'm not personally insane, I'll leave this topic with a movie of the strange track relationship happening at first session opening, before touching the ALL button.

QuickTime *.MOV file
It's a problem with the edit window not displaying the edit groups window properly. If you switch to the mix window and open the groups window, you'll see that both the "all" and "clean" groups are active. (This also explains why it appears to still be on when the group is deleted: the all group is still active.)

http://s94172706.onlinehome.us/groups.JPG

I think it's merely a corrupt session file. I'll try a few things to see if I can narrow it down a bit more...one thing that I am noticing is that the group indicators on the tracks in the mix window are square instead of round for some reason on my system.