Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 03-02-2016, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Copy clip gain on multiple clips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
...Go to the View Menu>Clip Gain>Show Clip Gain Line...
Yes. Than, make a timeline selection across all clips with the clip gain,
press c for copy,
select the destination track (via clicking the track name, via move edit selection down/up),
press v for paste.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot1.jpg (44.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot2.jpg (43.4 KB, 0 views)
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 09-18-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhatley View Post
You could use "coalesce clip gain to volume automation" on the source track, then copy that volume automation down, and then, "coalesce volume automation to clip gain" on both tracks to return the moves to clip gain.
Not sure if you've noticed this, but often my coalesced clip gain-to-volume automation doesn't often sound the same. I think volume automation is interpolated and more laggy than clip gain, which seems to be rendered in real time in the wave data, and not interpolated (you'll notice the difference when adjusting it while looping a clip, as opposed to adjusting the volume/trim automation on a track while looping a clip). Either that, or depending on plug-in use and resulting system latency, the volume automation might just be delayed a little.

Either way, I always mix using clip gain these days as much as I can as it is easier to dial in while looping a section, and is always more accurate than volume automation. However, coalescing CG-to-VA and back again is a handy trick when you want to move a clip around, but leave the clip gain in place in the timeline until you get the clip timing adjusted the way you want it. So that's definitely a solid tip!
Old 07-24-2021, 07:55 PM

I finally figured this out (for Mac at least).

View menu>Clip>Clip Gain Line
Then, use the grabber tool, but NOT on the clip gain line. Select your regions (again..not near the clip gain line...you want the regular hand symbol). Then you must hold SHIFT AND CONTROL (not Command) use your UP AND DOWN arrows and it will move all clip gains selected in increments of .5. You can't use your mouse or trackpad, as this won't work. Only the up and down arrows, as far as I can tell!