Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-24-2014, 11:50 PM

Default Eleven Rack standalone Editor: Can it "lock hardware tempo to session tempo"?

I've been messing around with the Eleven Rack standalone Editor, and it mostly seems to be working fine. However, under "TEMPO" on the editor I have no option to "lock hardware tempo to session tempo". Is this something peculiar to me and my system or is this a known issue with the standalone editor? Thanks for any feedback!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack standalone Editor: Can it "lock hardware tempo to session tempo"?

Not in front of my system now, but you should be able to do that from the mini Eleven Rack control window in PT11. Just watch any of my videos about the standalone editor to see the window I am talking about if you are unsure.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-30-2014, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack standalone Editor: Can it "lock hardware tempo to session tempo"?

Thanks Benoni! Sorry I didn't reply earlier but for some reason I wasn't emailed that you had replied. Just checked back now and found your reply. That was a great help, also with the embedded files. (LOL The Embeddening) I'm having another problem with hearing just my direct input signal in Pro Tools 11 because it is keeping whatever rig was loaded onto the Eleven Rack open when I open Pro Tools 11. I'm going to see if I can work this out myself but if I can't I'll come back on with a better description of what the problem is to see if anyone can help. I'll start another thread if that is the case.

Thanks again!
Old 01-30-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddnTodd View Post
Thanks Benoni! Sorry I didn't reply earlier but for some reason I wasn't emailed that you had replied. Just checked back now and found your reply. That was a great help, also with the embedded files. (LOL The Embeddening) I'm having another problem with hearing just my direct input signal in Pro Tools 11 because it is keeping whatever rig was loaded onto the Eleven Rack open when I open Pro Tools 11. I'm going to see if I can work this out myself but if I can't I'll come back on with a better description of what the problem is to see if anyone can help. I'll start another thread if that is the case.

Thanks again!
Do you mean the rig input is being monitored even when your track is not armed?
And when you arm the track you get double input?

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-30-2014, 10:37 PM

Yes, that is exactly what is happening. I was just getting ready to post this (in case the details help at all):
I am having an odd problem with Pro Tools 11.0.2 and Eleven Rack. I have Pro Tools 10.3.7 installed as well. When neither version of Pro Tools is open I can hear my guitar through my monitors and they are using the rig that is displayed on the front of the Eleven Rack. When I load version Pro Tools 10.3.7 the Eleven Rack is silenced as expected (until I arm a track which has the Eleven Rack as its input). In this situation if I want to hear just my direct input signal I can make a mono audio track with “guitar in” as the input and record arm it. However, when I load Pro Tools version 11.0.2 the rig that is displayed on the front of the Eleven Rack continues to be heard regardless if any tracks are armed or not. So, I am unable to hear just my DI signal even if I make a mono audio track with “guitar in” as the input because the Eleven Rack itself is still playing through my monitors using the rig displayed on its front. Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas on how to solve it? Thank you in advance for any help.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:07 PM

I've had this too with Pro Tools 11. I don't think I've had it happen with Pro Tools 10.

I've tried several things, including uninstalling the driver and even Pro Tools.

What has been working consistently for me when this happens:

In Pro Tools 11, go to OPTIONS

At the bottom you will see "Low Latency Monitoring"

Here is the important part...

When you have this problem, make sure your track is Armed.

Now go to Options and click Low Latency Monitoring. Then go back and click Low Latency Monitoring again.

Now when you Un-arm the track you should have silence.

I've tried this without the track armed and it doesn't work.... at least for me. So make sure the track is armed.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-30-2014, 11:45 PM

I just tried that but unfortunately it did not seem to fix the issue for me. The rig input is still being monitored. I'll try messing around with some other stuff to see if I can get it figured out but if you have any other ideas please let me know. For now I am keeping both versions on my computer so I can continue to record.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:34 AM

Quote:
I just tried that but unfortunately it did not seem to fix the issue for me. The rig input is still being monitored. I'll try messing around with some other stuff to see if I can get it figured out but if you have any other ideas please let me know. For now I am keeping both versions on my computer so I can continue to record.
setup a stereo audio track in your session where this happens.

set the input to Eleven Rig L/R

Arm the track. You should have doubling.

Now cycle the Low Latency Monitoring

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-31-2014, 01:29 PM

Sorry, was away and had to catch some zzz's. I just tried your last suggestion and I was still getting the doubling. I wonder why it is continuing to monitor the input rig when nothing is armed. Very odd. Thanks for all your help by the way. it is very much appreciated!
Old 01-31-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Sorry, was away and had to catch some zzz's. I just tried your last suggestion and I was still getting the doubling. I wonder why it is continuing to monitor the input rig when nothing is armed. Very odd. Thanks for all your help by the way. it is very much appreciated!
So you had a Stereo audio track with the Input on Eleven Rig L/R, not Guitar?

Try defaulting the IO first, then try cycling the LLM again, make sure the track is armed and strum the guitar first.

You should hear an audible click when the monitor stops doubling.

If that doesn't work, try opening PT10, close, then open PT11.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio