Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2008, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Structure vs. Kontakt 3

I have been weighing up both these programs so it's great to see a thread such as this.

Can anyone tell me what the included sounds (not the Goliath trial) are like in Structure (full version)?

I have been using Xpand as my main source of sounds and definitely need an upgrade in this department.

Thanks

Dave
Old 10-31-2008, 04:38 PM

well ironically the full version of structure comes with some god sounds. . but many of them are from Hybrid and Xpand... One the less there are some good sounds. . its the expansion packs that really open it up though. . but for the price and ease of use. I am not sure if its the best one out there although it doesn't seem the others are as stable inside PT. . so its a toss up...

I myself have a VERY large EXS 24 library which I STILL cannot use since the structure import of these is broken for me. . some have gotten it to work and I don't know why I cant get most of my custom library inst to work. . either way I have been waiting for ages for them to figure that one out... as have many others. . it claims EXS24 support. . HA

We'll see..
Old 11-02-2008, 09:53 AM

But does Structure offer release sample support?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:57 AM

Yes, all the patches in the EW symphonic use release samples as well as many patches in the factory content and goliath. Release samples are very important to create realistic sounds.

MP 2019 28 core, 384gb 8T
Old 11-03-2008, 05:53 PM

I have been using Kontakt for years and, like many others, I find that it is really buggy. However, it's flexibility and sonic palette are pretty fantastic so I often work through the quirks (with a certain amount of frustration, of course). I can't compare it to Structure but I do like it independent of comparison... if that helps at all.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:41 AM

It could be noted that Kontakt 3.5 is supposedly close to going public beta, Native is saying December, and that it IS 100% fully Leopard compatible with 7.4.2.

There is an ongoing blog on it over at Native, but they claim it's a major release, finely optimized and all that.

And 3.5 will be a free update to all 3 users I believe they said. So fairly soon we might have a stable version of Kontakt running in PT!!!

If you believe the hype that is.

But I'm excited. The upgrade from 2 was only $89 or so and will come with the 30 or 40 gigs of samples, so well worth that price alone.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:47 PM

FWIW it seems more and more like a Kontakt world to me - most libe seem to be in that format.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:30 AM

I have had problems with kontakt in PT ever since leopard. I can not get PT to read any midi files exported from kontakt. I therefore have no use for it anymore. I'm looking into structure the important things to me are slicing and generating a midi file to play back the chopped sample as well as pitch and time. As far as I know these functions are not available in structure, if anyone else knows about these features in structure please drop me a message.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:54 AM

You can export MIDI files from Kontakt? I have never heard of this feature in Kontakt, and what MIDI are you exporting?
.: Pro Tools Certified Instructor
.: Pro Tools Expert Certified in Music
Old 08-29-2009, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneal92 View Post
You can export MIDI files from Kontakt? I have never heard of this feature in Kontakt, and what MIDI are you exporting?
You can slice up a loop and drag the midi infos to the sequncer.

Thats my experience with Structure Full Trial 1.0.2:

http://ansolas.de/public/2009-08-19.txt