Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-12-2007, 04:14 AM

Default Timeline start points

Hey all,

How does one get the timeline to start at zero?

I've got a session that's has -values before 0 along the timeline.

Ideally, I'd like the session/song to start at "zero" on the timeline. How do I do this?

I've dragged a tempo marker, and aside from throwing my neatly trimmed regions off the grid, I can see how the timeline shifts left-to-right, I can't however reset the timeline to zero.

Cheers all.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:01 AM

Default Re: Timeline start points

To reply to myself...

Found it at long last after trecking through the manual.

Event > Time > Move Song Start.

Sorted.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:30 PM

OH MY GOD!!
For some trippy reason, my Pro Tools program has started freakishly adding random amounts of time before the zero start point and I've been searching the internet over the past few days trying to figure out how to get rid of it!! Everyone and their grandparents want to show you "how to add time before the zero". You're the only one who FINALLY showed me how to get rid of it. Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!! for posting this!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2022, 08:33 PM

Imagine getting stems for a 64 bar section or song you want to start the song at "minus 32 bars" but still "view" bar 48 as "bar 12" where the main hook preamble starts, even though you are adding or recording material earlier.

There are also other uses for "song start", such as integrating with timecode for music videos etc.

Just info for clarifying in case anyone is interested.

( Might help someone remember : )

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //