Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-04-2022, 07:23 AM

Default Mbox Pro won't connect ...

Good day, ladies and gents, I hope someone can help me!

I've just got my Mac back from a service with an enlarged HD, but I can't seem to connect the Mbox Pro to it anymore.

It was working ok before that (albeit with some issues, intermittent problems with the lead that needed joggling/ reinserting sometimes) and I use the Mbox for monitoring audio from the Mac as well as PT

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Mbox driver 1.3.2 (I even tried 1.3.5 as well) but although it installs (and takes ages to do so) I just can't get it to make the connection.

My Mac is a mid-2011 27", High Sierra 10.13.6

My ProTools is 12.4

Obviously I'd like to get this all going again, so any tips / help would be appreciated ... and I do realise that this has all been running on borrowed time, so if I need to replace the Mbox with something else (I only need two audio channels as well as midi, etc) what would be best?

... and would I need to upgrade my OS or PT?

Thanks in advance ...
Old 05-04-2022, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Mbox Pro won't connect ...

I would try re-installing the driver(can be found under the Legacy section). If you decide to replace it, probably the Focusrite stuff is your best bet for price vs quality.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-04-2022, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Mbox Pro won't connect ...

Thanks for the clear info, but why are you ever trying to install an old driver not supported on your macOS version when there is the final released driver that is supported. And then why try 1.3.5 when you should only be using 1.3.6???

Uninstall all the wrong drivers, power off the computer, disconnect the Mbox and all other unneeded peripherals, power up, install the correct driver, power off, connect Mbox, power back on. (not using hot plug/unplug is maybe a bit of paranoia over Firewire fragility, even if the Mbox is supposedly better there than past Avid/Digi Firewire interfaces).

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ox-Pro-Drivers

If stuff takes a long time... you don't have any any antivirus or similar crapware running?

You say Mbox in places, you mean an Mbox Pro right?