Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 04-03-2023, 11:49 AM

Default ElastiquePro

What does ElastiquePro do? If anyone cares to explain? It's an option enlisted under the elastic audio plugins? (Polyphonic, Rhythmic, Monophonic, Varispeed, X-Form etc). I know what the others do.

Confused as to what X-Form and Varispeed do as well, a little bit.

Rey
https://r-e-y.com/

macOS Ventura
Pro Tools 2022
iMac (Retina 5K. 27-Inch, 2020)
Processor 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
3.6 GHz Dual-Intel Core i7
16GB ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8GB
Shure SM7B Mic
Pro Tools | Carbon
Komplete Kontrol M32
AKAI Mpk3 Mini
KALI Lp 6 (2)
Old 04-03-2023, 12:33 PM

Default Re: ElastiquePro

It’s a different (and vastly better) third party time-stretch algorithm.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-03-2023, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
It’s a different (and vastly better) third party time-stretch algorithm.
Better than the standard algorithm, but how does it compare to X-Form?
Old 04-03-2023, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Better than the standard algorithm, but how does it compare to X-Form?
Better again.

X-Form was the only rental plugin I used as part of my support plan for TC/E use. I didn’t think that was enough to justify keeping it up - feature improvements have been pretty poor of late - so I decided to hunt round for a replacement. Elastique beat it pretty comfortably.

It’s a shame in 2023.3 they don’t allow the algorithm to be used for TC/E, I suppose at least I didn’t buy a license for nothing!

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-03-2023, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
It’s a shame in 2023.3 they don’t allow the algorithm to be used for TC/E, I suppose at least I didn’t buy a license for nothing!
The TC/E tool requires an AudioSuite plugin. As I'm sure you know, they didn't give us ZPlane's plugin, they just licensed the algorithm used in Zplane's plugins for use internally in Pro Tools for Elastic Audio.

So if you want it for TC/E you'll need the ElastiqueAAX audio suite plugin. They sell a version of the plugin for like $175 which will only let it be used with TC/E (and frankly that's what they should have let AVID have too, which would have given you what you wanted). The full ElastiqueAAX plugin with the AudioSuite GUI interface is like $350.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:44 PM

In my experience using Elastiqúe Pro, it gets SUPER buggy when you commit the audio. Strange audio blips, audio not being in the right place as when you edited it, etc. Renders it utterly useless at the moment. The plugin is outstanding, the algorithm as it has been incorporated into Elastic is not ready for prime time yet.

M
Old 05-23-2023, 05:50 PM

I have just updated pro tools for the use of elastique pro. I love the sound but when I go to bounce in place (alt shift 3) it reverts my editing back. When I commit (right click on track and commit and make inactive) it shifts everything I've done. same thing if I try to record it to an audio track. What gives?!?
We finally have an algorithm that sound good and I can't even bounce it down? Anyone else?
Old 05-23-2023, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumdrum View Post
I have just updated pro tools for the use of elastique pro. I love the sound but when I go to bounce in place (alt shift 3) it reverts my editing back. When I commit (right click on track and commit and make inactive) it shifts everything I've done. same thing if I try to record it to an audio track. What gives?!?
We finally have an algorithm that sound good and I can't even bounce it down? Anyone else?
I just ran into a similar issue with this last week. I was recording an accapella group. I fixed the timing of the beatboxer using ElastiquePro. As I would play the track back, the timing would slowly begin to drift off of the time line. If I stopped and started playback again, it would be back in sync and slowly get off about 30-45 seconds in it was unbearable. Stop and play again and it was back in sync at that point on until 30-45 seconds.

I tried rendering it and the waveform shifted out of time. When I changed the algorhythm to the other ones (such as Rhythmic) the problems went away and everything played back perfectly. If I rendered with Rhythmic, it was just fine.

So something is definitely messed up with the timing of ElastiquePro. I'm not sure why it gave me a problem on this track, but not on others. I'm still researching.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 06-04-2023, 11:03 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It sounds sooooo good, but it's useless. Even on playback, it starts drifting after a few bars.

Such a bummer.
Old 06-05-2023, 06:22 AM

I concur with the above. It seems to run fine when it's "real-time", and for me it seems fine with "standard" use, but it definitely struggles with keeping the timing faithful when it comes to committing if there are tempo changes, or if you've e.g. generally sped the whole track up. I've even had it "wobble" up a semitone for a small section. I've definitely had that thing where it's gone out of time by the end of the track when its been "committed", I actually thought I was going mad at first as I couldn't believe it wouldn't just work.

I've also found that, although it IS on the whole the best sounding (when it's working correctly haha), it still has a tendency to smear the transients a little, compared to Polyphonic (although Poly has its own inherent problems of course).

TL;DR In the main I've stopped using it as I just don't trust it.