Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2006, 07:53 AM

Default Monitor Controllers

Hi All,

What are you using for a monitor controller ( i.e Presonus Central Station, Coleman Audio, SPL MTC, etc). I didn't find much talk in my search of the DUC.

There seem to bee some good "expensive" options out there as always (i.e. Cranesong, Dangerous Music, etc). Trying not to break the bank on this one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Charlie
Old 07-07-2006, 05:29 AM

Default Re: Monitor Controllers

The only monitor controller I have is my C/8 and you know how awesome that is. I have been looking at the SPL or Coleman units for a while. Once I get to the point of really needing one I'll report back.
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
www.clearspotrecording.com
Old 07-07-2006, 12:33 PM

I'm using the Presonus Central Station for my HD rig. I have a control 24, but the monitor section was a little lacking for what I needed. The Central Station has worked wonderfully, and given me a lot of options for signal routing. Also, there is no coloration of the sound because the relays within the unit are all passive. There's no circuitry (ICs, Op Amps, transistors, etc. . .) to change what's coming in and out. Hope this helps.

http://www.gidakdigital.com
Old 07-07-2006, 05:08 PM

Thanks for both your replies.

The decision is as good as made.

Styles, thanks for the additional info. I can totally relate to your control 24 monitor section woes.
I'm looking to get a small format, highend mixer in about 6 months to a year. The CS should hold me over until then. Lots of cool choices popping up on that horizon.
Cheers,
Charlie

P.S. great quote