Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 02:22 PM

Default Template Problems

Hello out there!

I have a huge tracking session at a place in a couple of days and I am attempting to create a template for this session. Here is my problem. I created the template on a hard drive at my usual place of business and then I moved the template to another hard drive. When I recorded audio into the hard drive that I did not create the template in the audio referenced back to the hard drive that I did create the template in (So I made a template in drive A, recorded something in Drive B and then the audio directory looked back at drive A). Does anyone know how to make it so that my audio will always go to the drive that my session is saved in and not look at the drive that the template was created on.

Thank you for any information that you may have.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Template Problems

Hi, Benterry:
I guess for your message that what you are looking for is at "Setup">"Disk Allocation".
That's where you tell your session where do you want your audio files to be recorded.
Usually when you create a new session, the audio files go to the same HD and folder where you are creating this session, but on an imported session (like yours) probably PT warned you about to check disk allocation or something like that, which you might probably had ignored.
Any way. Go to "Setup">"Disk Allocation", set it to your new HD and new allocation, and that's it. Well, that's for new recordings and processings. For the old ones, i don't know if there's an internal option for doing it in PT, I would change them manually off ProTools, like managing any other data in your Mac, move them to the Audio Files folder in your new PT session, open the session (which probably open those files correctly), but if it doesn't, it will ask you to show where they are, show it the new path (the Audio Files folder in your new sesion, where you already moved your original audio files), and just check that all your audio files are finally where you want them, by selcting "Show Full Pathnames" at your audio files list on your session, and save if everything is OK, and that's it.
Good luck,
Alex