Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 03-01-2022, 07:58 AM

Default HD Native + Lynx hilo + HD IO + 192 IO + HD Sync

Hi all,

I'm using Hd Native PCIe with configuration as below :
- HD Sync as Master Loop sync , receiving clock master from Hilo.

- HD IO (16 analog in - 16 analog out ) on port 1 using mini digilink ( long cable from Avid ) , 192 IO ( 8 analog in - 8 analog out - 8 AES ) to expansion port on HD IO
- Hilo on Port 2 via LT-HD card.

The problem : with above config, HD IO, 192 IO and Hilo recognized fine in PT Ultimate 2021.7.0 with A , B and C respectively. However, when I sent a tone from 192 IO and route it back to the same 192 IO I can see the output/in LED shown on the interface but no signal is shown in Pro Tools.
As in attched pictures, I'm trying to route from output 1 of 192 IO back to Input 2 on 192 IO. LED meter showing signal present but in PT , nothing! HD IO, Lynx receive signals just fine! Very weird!

Please help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bus.jpg (30.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Hardware.jpg (40.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Input.jpg (34.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IO.jpg (36.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 274062894_1031546821043490_1025684777970379848_n.jpg (59.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-01-2022, 08:27 AM

Default Re: HD Native + Lynx hilo + HD IO + 192 IO + HD Sync

This may be no help, but....
1-some screen shots are a bit too fuzzy for me to really grasp everything.
2-is there a problem with recording any of the available inputs(not sure I understand what your real issue is)
3-what happens if you change connections so Lynx is on the HD IO Expansion port and the 192 is off the second card port?
4-are you currently only using analog IO? Setting up the digital paths can be quite non-intuitive.
5-what happens if you remove the Lynx from the setup?
6-"I'm trying to route from output 1 of 192 IO back to Input 2 on 192 IO"-routing how? Analog or thru Pro Tools routing?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-01-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
This may be no help, but....
1-some screen shots are a bit too fuzzy for me to really grasp everything.
2-is there a problem with recording any of the available inputs(not sure I understand what your real issue is)
3-what happens if you change connections so Lynx is on the HD IO Expansion port and the 192 is off the second card port?
4-are you currently only using analog IO? Setting up the digital paths can be quite non-intuitive.
5-what happens if you remove the Lynx from the setup?
6-"I'm trying to route from output 1 of 192 IO back to Input 2 on 192 IO"-routing how? Analog or thru Pro Tools routing?
Thank you for your reply.

is there a problem with recording any of the available inputs(not sure I understand what your real issue is)
My problem is : with my current setup , all Physical Analog ins and outs are recognized in PT. However, When I do devices calibration, only Lynx and HD IO receive signals while doing input calibration ( routing outputs to inputs ). With the 192 IO, there is outputs and inputs showing on the interface and I can even measure 1.227 volts on the physical output of the 192 ( Normal patchbay ) but I cant seem to have signal showing in Pro Tools meters.

what happens if you change connections so Lynx is on the HD IO Expansion port and the 192 is off the second card port?

Doing this interfaces can also recognized but pressing play PT showed error : there is a problem with clocking or HW buffer, increase blah blah...

are you currently only using analog IO? Setting up the digital paths can be quite non-intuitive.
I'm setting up for HW insert mixing ITB

what happens if you remove the Lynx from the setup?
I will try that and report back

"I'm trying to route from output 1 of 192 IO back to Input 2 on 192 IO"-routing how? Analog or thru Pro Tools routing?
My current setup : all ins - outs of HD IO and 192 IO brought to TT patchbay, all Normal. I was routing output from 192 IO back to its own input for signal calibration. HD IO worked just fine, but 192 didnt.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:56 AM

Take Lynx Hilo out of chain, I can have inputs coming into Pro Tools from the 192 IO . I just tried. So what is culprit here ?
Old 03-01-2022, 01:14 PM

Hmmm, this might be something that got unintentionally broken since the 192 stopped getting any support. While Avid have said(many times) that they will not intentionally break the 192, this might be something you(and I) will have to live with. As long as audio is going everywhere it needs to go, I wouldn't worry much about the calibration(and it would be pretty simple to use an external sound source to check for discrepancies between the 192 and your other interfaces). Wish I could offer more, but not having the same set of hardware means I can't replicate your method Maybe someone else can offer some insight

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-04-2022, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Hmmm, this might be something that got unintentionally broken since the 192 stopped getting any support. While Avid have said(many times) that they will not intentionally break the 192, this might be something you(and I) will have to live with. As long as audio is going everywhere it needs to go, I wouldn't worry much about the calibration(and it would be pretty simple to use an external sound source to check for discrepancies between the 192 and your other interfaces). Wish I could offer more, but not having the same set of hardware means I can't replicate your method Maybe someone else can offer some insight
Thank you Sir! I know it is painful!