Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 08-17-2022, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Weirdest Midi thing ever..

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
You are very welcome.
Looking forward to a fix also.
Fixing this without trading one bug for another would make it the keeper version.
Definitely!
Old 08-17-2022, 06:42 AM

Default Re: 2022.7.0 MIDI Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by pherzfeld View Post
in 2022.6 and 2022.7 I have had midi issues. Everything will work fine for hours. Suddenly I can't move midi notes, delete them, change velocity, etc. I can however create new midi notes, but once they are in place they can't be modified. Has anyone experienced this? Im not a midi expert - its possible I am accidentally activating some midi lock or something, but I don't think so. Restarting Pro Tools fixes the issue for a while.
Yes,
Facing the same irritating issue.
Hope Avid resolve it soon.
Protools Carbon
Old 08-17-2022, 09:18 AM

Default Re: 2022.7.0 MIDI Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguy006 View Post
Yes,
Facing the same irritating issue.
Hope Avid resolve it soon.
They are releasing a fix in the upcoming release, but not sure when that is. They are aware of this. I have a fix here, but only had to use it one time. I just closed the session and re-opened and the midi issue went away. There are fixes for various MIDI operations in the current beta which will fold into the next release.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 08-17-2022, 01:48 PM

Default Re: MIDI Quantize/Selection BUG 2022.6

A question to Mr.Gregory Ives:

Is there any incentive of fixing the midi timing of Pro Tools? The midi data is recorded early, and it messes up any performance. Are they taking Midi seriously at Avid? One could dream of a midi stable-reliable M1 native Pro Tools, that would be a comeback.....
Old 08-17-2022, 09:26 PM

Well, after three months of "support" and everyone (of support) telling me that the problem was with my machines, with my system, (Yes, avid made me buy a new machine after making me believe it, upload and reinstall more than 6 different systems for testing and nothings change the bugs), send your system report, make new user account admin, delete preferences, reinstall, try this, try that... and my deadlines running.
After try in 3 different machines and I found out that it was resolved when I installed 2022.5 - they were left speechless. But they didn't recognize the error, let's investigate, be happy!
Only after creating a bug list with more than 40 people involved did they listen to me and after I start publishing my unworthiness in the networks…

Avid e-mail response:
"Thank you for your response and sorry for the inconvenience.

Since this is a confirmed bug that has been logged on our end. Here are the bug number for reference: PT-289553 and PTSW-196673.
and there is also no ETA (estimated time of arrival) on when it will be fixed. The standard procedure is to close the case, but reopen the case if you need an update. If the case is unable to be reopened, feel free to reach out to us through the following channels:"

But in attach you can see 2 bugs > that they only recognized 2 bugs out of 15 or more... for you to have an idea the previous email sent me a link with "gifts" from the inner circle that I had… just for “almost” told me: "calm down we have gifts do not get angry".
I just want a software that works without problems and a software reliable. I pay for it. All we pay for it and we use this software all day… Being treated like “I'm the problem” I think is a veiled lack of respect. I'm not a new avid user, over 10 years. I'm not happy at all. I see other companies as good as treating customers much better. Avid support just made me waste my time and money. it’s really bad and at the same time ridiculous. I'm sure that when they implemented the “quantize function with follow grid” they erased some code line. All they should do is say thanks and fix the bug that wasn't in the previous version and ask the great team at GlobalLogic to put someone to oversee this problem. I'm sure it will make the tens of dollars we spend every year worth a lot. . It's been months with one-legged software or call me at least to be a beta tester, since I'm paid to be anyway.

All the best, guys!

Thanks for the space.
Old 08-18-2022, 06:13 AM

Well, after three months of "support" and everyone (of support) telling me that the problem was with my machines, with my system, (Yes, avid made me buy a new machine after making me believe it, upload and reinstall more than 6 different systems for testing and nothings change the bugs), send your system report, make new user account admin, delete preferences, reinstall, try this, try that... and my deadlines running.
After try in 3 different machines and I found out that it was resolved when I installed 2022.5 - they were left speechless. But they didn't recognize the error, let's investigate, be happy!
Only after creating a bug list with more than 40 people involved did they listen to me and after I start publishing my unworthiness in the networks…

Avid e-mail response:

Since this is a confirmed bug that has been logged on our end. Here are the bug number for reference: PT-289553 and PTSW-196673.
and there is also no ETA (estimated time of arrival) on when it will be fixed. The standard procedure is to close the case, but reopen the case if you need an update. If the case is unable to be reopened, feel free to reach out to us through the following channels:"

But in attach you can see 2 bugs > that they only recognized 2 bugs out of 15 or more... for you to have an idea the previous email sent me a link with "gifts" from the inner circle that I had… just for “almost” told me: "calm down we have gifts do not get angry".
I just want a software that works without problems and a software reliable. I pay for it. All we pay for it and we use this software all day… Being treated like “I'm the problem” I think is a veiled lack of respect. I'm not a new avid user, over 10 years. I'm not happy at all. I see other companies as good as treating customers much better. Avid support just made me waste my time and money. it’s really bad and at the same time ridiculous. I'm sure that when they implemented the “quantize function with follow grid” they erased some code line. All they should do is say thanks and fix the bug that wasn't in the previous version and ask the great team at GlobalLogic to put someone to oversee this problem. I'm sure it will make the tens of dollars we spend every year worth a lot. . It's been months with one-legged software or call me at least to be a beta tester, since I'm paid to be anyway.

All the best, guys!

Thanks for the space.
Old 08-20-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonatee View Post
A question to Mr.Gregory Ives:

Is there any incentive of fixing the midi timing of Pro Tools? The midi data is recorded early, and it messes up any performance. Are they taking Midi seriously at Avid? One could dream of a midi stable-reliable M1 native Pro Tools, that would be a comeback.....
No sure I understand the question, but I'm a proficient player so have not had a lot of trouble with that thru the years too be honest.. If you record in a a low buffer size that will help you. If you are doing it another way and are just quantizing it, then there some things to be aware of on any DAW. ProTools Midi has come a long way in my opinion. Even Olafur Arnald says it's light years from what it was, so a lot of what I hear on the midi side to me is just that some folks are used to too many options. I used to be a HUGE power user of Digital Performer and still use it sometimes. All of the DAW have their strengths. I know a lot of folks that like Cubase for midi and used to be big Live users, but had to switch to Cubase because of the limitations in Film arena.

There IS that new thing that is bugging a lot of people with the Quantizing that you can turn off. A couple of composer buddies of mine in LA did that. Also one of them uses VSL Pro for their interface with VI's.. I used to but found that my Templates are not that big and when I used that stuff it was creating bigger and bigger ones, so I don't use that anymore.
Sorry for the late response. I was doing a big project and took yesterday out of the room.

You can read about it here: Quantize Enhancements.

(Pro Tools Artist / Studio / Ultimate)
Quantize can “Follow Bars|Beats Grid”
Quantize MIDI events via key command, without needing to open the Event Operations Window
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...s?retURL=%2F_1
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS

Last edited by gives; 08-20-2022 at 12:34 PM. Reason: adding
Old 08-22-2022, 06:25 AM

Default Re: 2022.6 MIDI Quantize/Selection Weirdness BUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
People who update before spending a couple weeks on the DUC and Expert sites are the beta testers. Thank you for your sacrifice.
ughh, I have to stop doing this.......got to change my ways and make it a habit to check the forums for at least a week or two before upgrading....
Old 08-22-2022, 12:06 PM

Default Re: MIDI Quantize/Selection BUG 2022.6/2022.7 Support Case Situation

Avid e-mail response:

When I reply ask for this details:

PT-289553 is about MIDI notes that can no longer be selected or edited
PTSW-196673. is about nudging

In the meantime, while waiting for the fixes,
the workaround is to install PT2022.5."

All the best, guys!

Thanks for the space.
Old 08-22-2022, 12:07 PM

This is absurd!

Avid e-mail response:

When I reply ask for this details:

PT-289553 is about MIDI notes that can no longer be selected or edited
PTSW-196673. is about nudging

In the meantime, while waiting for the fixes,
the workaround is to install PT2022.5."

All the best, guys!

Thanks for the space.