How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2014, 08:05 AM

Default PT11 Upgrade in Avid Store; the price difference for EU customers

Hello again.

So, for a month or so, I'm actively thinking of upgrading to PT11 from PT10. First, I had my doubts about eligibility and compatibility which I've finally resolved, thanks to the answers and patience of several forum members. Anyway, today I've decided to finally purchase an upgrade from Avid Store and was very suprised when the system converted the upgrade price to Euros and presumably added VAT to it... According to the system, upgrade from PT10 to PT11 would cost me abt 290 Euros which is simply too much for me at this point so, I didn't completed my order. If some of you who are EU residents have recently purchased PT10 to PT11 upgrade, please share your experience about pricing, because this suprised me a lot. In the past, I've purchased an upgrade from PT7LE to PT8LE, but I don't remember the price being so steep (of course, Croatia wasn't an EU member back then).

All in all, despite being a loyal and relatively long-term Avid customer, now I'm really thinking about purchasing certain much more affordable 64-bit compatible PT alternative for composing with VI's. I have also read that one can supposedly buy PT10 to PT11 upgrade on eBay for less money, but naturally, I'm concerned about legality and functionality of such upgrade. I will greatly appreciate your insights and suggestions on this.

P.S. To all members who do read my recent threads here, I apologize for being so tiresome about my "odyssey" of upgrading to 64-bit DAW.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:30 AM

Default Re: PT11 Upgrade in Avid Store; the price difference for EU customers

AudioDeluxe usually have great prices on PT, just make sure you create an account first, then place the item in your basket and go to the checkout to see the discount. I usually always look here first when buying anything audio related.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:04 AM

Default Re: PT11 Upgrade in Avid Store; the price difference for EU customers

I've checked out AudioDeluxe store, but unfortunately they don't seem to offer PT upgrades, only the full version.

BTW, I've also checked out Sweetwater. They do offer PT10 to PT11 upgrade priced 299$ - it says this is a reduced price.. My questions, however, are:

1) May I use Sweetwater Online Store to buy downloadable software at all as I'm an European citizen (I've read they have certain limits for international customers and I have not purchased anything from them before);

2) Is this price of 299$ final or will it be also converted to Euros + VAT for European customers;

3) It says apart from iLok2, you also need proof of eligibility; what this exactly means?

If somebody here who is from Europe has purchased downloadable software from Sweetwater, I would appreciate to hear your experiences.

Many thanks.