Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2003, 02:00 PM

Default Yamaha DTX Electric Drums

Any one using yamaha DTXpress Electroninc drums to do tracks. if so what are you going in 1/4 inch or MIDI? and what kind of sounds are you getting? I have a set, but I think I'll just be opening up a whole new can a worms.

Thanks
[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2003, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Yamaha DTX Electric Drums

I have a Yamaha DS10 electronic kit with the DTXv2.0 module used mostly for acoustic sounds. I record a midi track and edit it afterwards. It sounds OK, probably a 6.5 out of 10. I just ordered the acoustic drum sounds for Sampletank so that should be a huge improvement.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:30 AM

hey man....

you wouldn't happen to have aything you've done that I could hear do ya? The DTXpress is just not working for me, it sounds way to elecetronic. I was thinking of getting the Roland, TD10 Module, I don't know..... I'm have a hell of a time getting good drum tracks...

Thanks
Old 01-22-2003, 06:33 AM

I had the DS10 kit myself, but sold it a few years ago.

I would usually use it to record a scratch drum track and would usually replace it with an acoustic kit unless it required a hip hop sounding kit.

It worked great for recording late at night without bothering the neighbors, but you are right, it does sound quite electric.

I'm currently using SampleTank drum sounds to scratch in a drum track when I'm composing. Works great, and probably sounds good enough to leave in and not replace with an acoustic kit.

Ostrich99
Old 01-22-2003, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HR123:
I don't know..... I'm have a hell of a time getting good drum tracks...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">get reason 2.0 AND some loop libraries. they go together like apple pie and ice cream. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2003, 10:22 AM

Thanks for the info....

The problem lies in the size of the Apartment I live in, Plenty of room for an acoustic kit, but I live in a duplex and my landlord is right on the other side of the wall....so I think not....I've heard the sounds in sampletank, I like them alot, but the way they map them, is very difficult to play on the Oxygen8 controller. I called IK multimedia this morning, the guy said the new Aucoustic drum CD will be available in a few weeks, so I think I might get that.

I have to stick with reproduced drums because of my living arangments, but I would really like that punchy sound you get from a live kit, ITs mostly rock and roll type music some older punk feelin stuff but for the most part just 4/4 rock and roll...so I really need the best sounding drum sample I can find....Tell me more about reason, I thought it was more for Techno artists and hip hop guys....

Thanks

Herb [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2003, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HR123:
hey man....

you wouldn't happen to have aything you've done that I could hear do ya? The DTXpress is just not working for me, it sounds way to elecetronic. I was thinking of getting the Roland, TD10 Module, I don't know..... I'm have a hell of a time getting good drum tracks...

Thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I can e-mail you an mp3 file if you want. I've played the v-drum kits and they do sound better than mine but not much, and not nearly enough justify the money spent. The TD8 module is about $800 and TD10 $1500!
Old 01-23-2003, 07:57 AM

Sure...

I would love to hear whqt you have done with that kit....

Send to

[email protected]

Thanks

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]