Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 03-30-2012, 01:51 AM

Default AVID site down again?

I'm trying to access the PT10.1.1 update page (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nload/en355241) but only get re-directed to some "sales force"-page that tells me the page wasn't found offering general Lion tips and tricks.

Can someone guide me to a download for a HD native firmware updater?

Thanks,

Frank.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:55 AM

Default Re: AVID site down again?

Update:

Seems to work now but still can't find any info about how to flash the HDnative card under Lion.
Is this still only possible under Leopard? If yes, how do I update the card under Lion? Do I need to buy an old mac that allows me to install leopard only to update the card?
Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Update:

Seems to work now but still can't find any info about how to flash the HDnative card under Lion.
Is this still only possible under Leopard? If yes, how do I update the card under Lion? Do I need to buy an old mac that allows me to install leopard only to update the card?
Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank.
Go to this page: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en429831
and you'll see all the requirements on flashing a Native card. It can be done under Lion. According to the page linked Leopard is not usable to flash the card but Snow Leopard is.

QAPLA!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Go to this page: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en429831
and you'll see all the requirements on flashing a Native card. It can be done under Lion. According to the page linked Leopard is not usable to flash the card but Snow Leopard is.
Thanks for the link. But I can't find info to do this under 10.7 on a macro. The page only says:

Quote:
Mac OS 10.6.8, 10.7.x and Thunderbolt MacBook Pro if Pro Tools HD 9.0.4 or higher is installed
It's a bit confusing because it says "10.7.0 and Macbook Pro." Does this mean it doesn't work on MacPro?

What do I do if I don't have a 9.0.5 installation but only PT10 and the card? Find someone who has 9.0.4?

Does anyone know how to flash the card on a MacPro without having PT9.0.4?

Very confusing page.

Thanks again,

Frank.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the link. But I can't find info to do this under 10.7 on a macro. The page only says:

It's a bit confusing because it says "10.7.0 and Macbook Pro." Does this mean it doesn't work on MacPro?

What do I do if I don't have a 9.0.5 installation but only PT10 and the card? Find someone who has 9.0.4?

Does anyone know how to flash the card on a MacPro without having PT9.0.4?

Very confusing page.

Thanks again,

Frank.
It's not so much confusion inasmuch as it is carefully reading and understanding what's there and what interfaces are on computers available from Apple.. The sentence you quoted references MacBook Pro and Thunderbolt because that's the only computer right now available from Apple that has a Thunderbolt interface in it. It doesn't mean it won't work on a MacPro desktop; those don't have a Thunderbolt interface yet - maybe the new ones will.

And apparently you really don't need PT on a computer to flash a Native card, just the Native card drivers according to the page.

QAPLA!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
It's not so much confusion inasmuch as it is carefully reading and understanding what's there and what interfaces are on computers available from Apple.. The sentence you quoted references MacBook Pro and Thunderbolt because that's the only computer right now available from Apple that has a Thunderbolt interface in it. It doesn't mean it won't work on a MacPro desktop; those don't have a Thunderbolt interface yet - maybe the new ones will.

And apparently you really don't need PT on a computer to flash a Native card, just the Native card drivers according to the page.
OK thanks. I found it confusing because the first part of the sentence refers to the OS and the second part refers to hardware both parts connected with a logical "and".

10.7 runs on multiple machines but that line sounds as if you need 10.7 AND a macbook pro which is even more weird because It's about a PCI-E-card. How do you use a macbook pro to flash a card?

Ah well.

Thanks for clarifying!

Frank.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
OK thanks. I found it confusing because the first part of the sentence refers to the OS and the second part refers to hardware both parts connected with a logical "and".

10.7 runs on multiple machines but that line sounds as if you need 10.7 AND a macbook pro which is even more weird because It's about a PCI-E-card. How do you use a macbook pro to flash a card?

Ah well.

Thanks for clarifying!

Frank.
You would use an expansion chassis to host the Native card. There's a number of people here that do so; not sure about the Thunderbolt part yet though.

QAPLA!