Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 AM
chefbrody chefbrody is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18
Default Clip gain issue when importing AAF in Pro Tools 10

Hi everyone!

New functions, new issues... I got one I can't resolve. When I import on Pro Tools 10.3.3 an AAF file from a Media Composer editing (version 5.5.3.5), some of the clips have -18dB clip gain when it should be 0dB... Most of the clips, let's say 75%, have the right clip gain. The other 25% don't and always have -18dB gain when I import the Media Composer tracks. I can't explain it, these clips are on the same tracks than the others... They have the same origin (MXF made from Cantar mixdown recorder).
Does anyone know this issue??

Many Thanks

Nicolas
(Montreuil, FRANCE)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Kasper Kasper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Boston,MA USA
Posts: 970
Default Re: Clip gain issue when importing AAF in Pro Tools 10

Not sure of a cause/fix for this specific problem.

But, of the 25% that are wrong, how many should be 0?
If it's most, just reimport without clip gain, keeping what you have that is correct/delete the dupes without.

No?

kasper
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-27-2013, 02:20 PM
chefbrody chefbrody is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18
Default Re: Clip gain issue when importing AAF in Pro Tools 10

Yes of course I can do that but I wanted to know if anyone already got this problem and if it was a known issue. Apparently not.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-28-2013, 03:41 AM
Frank Kruse Frank Kruse is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: old europe
Posts: 6,025
Default Re: Clip gain issue when importing AAF in Pro Tools 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefbrody View Post
Hi everyone!

New functions, new issues... I got one I can't resolve. When I import on Pro Tools 10.3.3 an AAF file from a Media Composer editing (version 5.5.3.5), some of the clips have -18dB clip gain when it should be 0dB... Most of the clips, let's say 75%, have the right clip gain. The other 25% don't and always have -18dB gain when I import the Media Composer tracks. I can't explain it, these clips are on the same tracks than the others... They have the same origin (MXF made from Cantar mixdown recorder).
Does anyone know this issue??

Many Thanks

Nicolas
(Montreuil, FRANCE)
When you say "the right clip gain" are you talking about "the same clip gain as in the the MC" or what is the "right" clip gain in your case?

Frank.
__________________
PTHDnPCIe 2024.6 (OSX13.6.7), 8x8x8, MacPro 14,8, Decklink SDI 4k, SYNC HD, Nanosyncs HD, 64GB RAM, Xilica Neutrino, Meyersound Acheron
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-28-2013, 07:53 AM
chefbrody chefbrody is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 18
Default Re: Clip gain issue when importing AAF in Pro Tools 10

Yes, what I mean is that I should have "the same clip gain as in the the MC"; but instead I got -18dB clip gain on many clips. For example, as I work on a long feature movie, in a 20 minutes reel, at least 60 clips on 250 don't get the good clip gain. I don't know why.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro tools 11 Clip Gain Issue Cheskie Pro Tools 11 9 10-02-2013 10:12 AM
Clip gain on clip groups: bug or feature? idris Post - Surround - Video 6 01-02-2013 10:48 PM
Clip Gain Issue automatic8 macOS 9 11-22-2012 01:40 PM
Pro Tools 10 Sync and Fade Problems using Clip Gain mediaroo Pro Tools 10 5 08-17-2012 08:18 AM
Clip Gain Issue Jody Stevens Pro Tools 10 11 05-29-2012 10:52 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com