Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 09-27-2011, 12:11 PM

Default Just got my M-audio interface, installed pro tools..no sound

My computer has all the requirements, I installed everything correctly, Pro tools SE is up and running, I can listen to the preview Demo's (through my computer speakers) but when I go to start a new Session and I arm to record, I just get nothing! its so frustrating, what do I do? Pro tracks was pretty easy setting up the outputs, but I cant even find them in the tool bar! Ughhh!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Just got my M-audio interface, installed pro tools..no sound

well I got it working once I got home from work, I can only get sound out of In 2 for some reason though, ive got alot of learning to do!
Old 09-30-2011, 01:33 AM

Hi im having the same issue. Could you tell me how you managed to get it working? It's driving me crazy! I've got the fast track pro interface and the axiom pro 49. Ive got it all installed and using pro tools se. It recognizes all components but i cant get any sound through my pc speakers???
PLz help! What Im i missing????
Old 09-30-2011, 01:49 PM

Same exact problem. Just bought the Avid Vocal Studio and I can start the Pro tools, click play etc, but no sound anywhere.

Update: Guess when you plug headphones directly into the mic you get audio. So that explains where the audio is going, still have to figure out how to configure that.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:37 PM

I just pluged my fast track interface in the USB port, fired up PTSE, and where the headphone jack is, I put my guitar cable there and hooked it to my bass amp and Immediatly got sound. Hope it helps, If you have monitors im sure it will be alittle different