Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 12-27-2010, 09:45 AM

Default peak indicator and indexing in PT9?

I am having two problems with 9 - just upgraded from 8.0.4 on my Mac Pro 8 core 2.8, OS 0.6.5:

Clicking the volume/[peak/delay indicator crashes it instantly. Can't use it this way!

and

None of my rives will index - all I see are generic icons in the workspace window.

I have un- and re- installed PT three times, same with the OS. No joy.

Any ideas what to do? I cannot use the PT9 upgrade this way, I use those all the time! The old installa tion is working firn on a different startup prtition...

hanks,

Lou
Old 12-28-2010, 04:41 AM

Default Re: peak indicator and indexing in PT9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Judson View Post
I am having two problems with 9 - just upgraded from 8.0.4 on my Mac Pro 8 core 2.8, OS 0.6.5:

Clicking the volume/[peak/delay indicator crashes it instantly. Can't use it this way!

and

None of my rives will index - all I see are generic icons in the workspace window.

I have un- and re- installed PT three times, same with the OS. No joy.

Any ideas what to do? I cannot use the PT9 upgrade this way, I use those all the time! The old installa tion is working firn on a different startup prtition...

hanks,

Lou
Hi,

Most common causes of such quits like you are experiencing with the volume/peak/delay indicator would be "plugin/s out of date or incompatible" or if you have already re-installed PT and are confident you have removed all previous files before re installing?? then the operating system might be at fault!! try running the 10.6.5 combo updater.

Often people say there plugs are all up to date, then they run this app below and copy paste the list here and hey presto!! many out of date plugins in the folder which cause problems galore...

Run this plugin lister app and paste the list here...

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/9xyx8w

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:08 AM

Well, avid is a big disappointment as it seems they don't watch this list. I filed a problem report and finally got an answer back - this was caused by a convflict breated by duplicate fonts install in my home library and my user library, which could have been solved by running FontBook if I'd known.

Simple but really stupid as the duplicates have never caused any other problems I know if, especially with an audio app!

<L>
Old 01-03-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Judson View Post
Well, avid is a big disappointment as it seems they don't watch this list.
<L>
This is a USER list. Avid does pop up here and there but if you want an official and immediate response, this ain't the place.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:11 PM

lou,
please email me directly at rickmorf@hotmail.com