Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 02:10 PM

Default Midi to audio

Hi

I'm new to PT and MAC so you will see me around ALOT!! (thanks in advance!)

I have just managed to record some midi notes into a midi track and tidyed them all up, now I want to have them play a instrument plugin on a stereo audio track and actually track that audio. I get the audio track set and then select the plugin from the inserts and it seems to work (meters jumping around and I can hear the plugin OK) but as soon as I hit record........ nothing. I can still hear it but the meter in the audio track is silent and nothing is written to the audio track.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong please?

Lee
Old 03-29-2006, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Midi to audio

LeeA
Quote:
I have just managed to record some midi notes into a midi track and tidyed them all up, now I want to have them play a instrument plugin on a stereo audio track and actually track that audio.
So you have triggers set in a MIDI track, create a AUX track and Option click the fader and insert your Virtual Instrument, set the Output of the AUX to a buss, create a Audio track and set the Input of the Audio track to the corresponding AUX Output buss. In the MIDI track select your Virtual Instrument channel in the MIDI track's Output. Record arm the Audio track, press F12.

Hope this helps.

filosofem