How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2017, 07:33 PM

Default PT 12 relinking problem

Hey all,

So this is a problem I ran into today that I can't seem to solve, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have a session that has about 16 tracks showing as missing. The audio files are actually present in the session folder, but they aren't showing in the project. The tracks are of course blue, and I can see all my edits (drums, so there are hundreds of tiny chopped and faded segments in each track).

So ordinarily I would choose to manually re-link and then reconnect everything, right? Well, this session only shows one file available in the select files window - and it's an OMF. The tracks were sent to me in an OMF by a bandmate, and the OMF is long gone apparently. If I right click on a missing track and look at its properties, it tells me the parent file is this missing OMF.

So, how can I unlink the tracks in the project from the OMF and then re-link them to the wav files in the audio folder so that I don't lose all my edits?

I've spent a few hours googling and watching tutorial videos on re-linking, and none of them seem to address this particular situation. Anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-27-2017, 07:58 PM

Default Re: PT 12 relinking problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnjazz View Post
Hey all,

So this is a problem I ran into today that I can't seem to solve, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have a session that has about 16 tracks showing as missing. The audio files are actually present in the session folder, but they aren't showing in the project. The tracks are of course blue, and I can see all my edits (drums, so there are hundreds of tiny chopped and faded segments in each track).

So ordinarily I would choose to manually re-link and then reconnect everything, right? Well, this session only shows one file available in the select files window - and it's an OMF. The tracks were sent to me in an OMF by a bandmate, and the OMF is long gone apparently. If I right click on a missing track and look at its properties, it tells me the parent file is this missing OMF.

So, how can I unlink the tracks in the project from the OMF and then re-link them to the wav files in the audio folder so that I don't lose all my edits?

I've spent a few hours googling and watching tutorial videos on re-linking, and none of them seem to address this particular situation. Anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
please do not share any system info with us .. we are mind readers ..

just touch your computer with the words i say and it will be healed ...

please give us some information ........

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 02-27-2017, 07:59 PM

1) You need to give system and PT version info.
2) If you had auto backup on, you could try opening a recent back up session which might still open.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:20 AM

Sorry about that.

ProTools 12.5.0 running on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Every one of my session backups that has these tracks in it is the same however. Looks like I linked to the OMF somehow way back and did all the work, then a few months ago I was cleaning up the machine and deleted all the OMF files, thinking since the wav files were in the folder I was fine. The project hasn't been touched in about 6 months so I didn't think there were any problems at the time.