Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 03:26 PM

Default CD Burning Software

What is the best CD Burning software for OS Panther and Pro Tools. I am interested in features that give flexibility when creating high-quality masters e.g song spacing, fades, etc. Thank you
Old 10-06-2004, 04:23 PM

Default Re: CD Burning Software

the latest version of "jam" by a company called roxio is quite good and has many professional features. i use "toast" as well to burn cds and have never had any problems with it. check out roxio's site and see what you think...

travis
Old 10-06-2004, 06:20 PM

Jam or toast is about the best currently available for Panther. Still waiting to see if there is a more professional software developer that will step up to the plate and give mac users alternatives on par with wavelab or even sonic foundry's - cd architect.

When this type of product becomes available, we will be able to keep our pc's in the office and out of the control room. No disrespect to pc, but It would be great to do everything on 1 platform.

Future System 2021 14inch M1 Pro / 16MB Ram / 512 / Monterrey
Old 10-06-2004, 06:40 PM

Emagic/Apple have re-released Waveburner for Panther, this is by far the best application for red book CD authoring on the mac & just about any other platform too for that matter. The only downside is that currently if you want to purchase it you will need to buy Logic Pro 7 as it is bundled with it & requires the XS USB Dongle. But I guess when you consider the price $999 US for Logic & waveburner it is a pretty reasonable price point.

My guess is that Apple will soon release Waveburner Pro X as a seperate purchase.

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia
Old 10-06-2004, 07:56 PM

Quote:
My guess is that Apple will soon release Waveburner Pro X as a seperate purchase.
That would be slick!

Myshell
Old 10-06-2004, 08:02 PM

Quote:

As much as I like Apple, I don't think they are actually smart enough to do that. I think it would be great if they did but I don't think they really care about anything other than selling Logic which in turn sells computers. I would almost bet that they will never sell Sound Diver separately and will include that in an update to Logic Pro eventually. The only things that will be left from Emagic are Logic Express and Logic Pro.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:12 PM

Quote:
They BETTER !!!! -- I mean what kind of thing like that EVER had to be a part of something else, when at first it wasn't???....

That is what I am waiting for also... It should/better come by next year...

Yeah,,, lets say I used to be able to buy a car by itself, like you normally can.. Then all of a sudden I can't buy a car anymore unless I buy this house, and the car comes with it for free.. And to top it all off, they are both different companies !!!

BASTARDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me a damn Program, like a program is suppose to come !!!.. What is this a communist move ?? You can NOT group things together like that as the ONLY option of buying it...

Everyone get ready for my petition -- I am drawing it up,, and going to present it professionaly to Emagic,, or whoever should righfully get it...
Old 10-06-2004, 11:37 PM

Perhaps Apple thought it a wiser move to keep Wave Burner bundled in order to make Logic a more appealing OSX choice as red book CD burning software is still an issue.
Do I smell Wave burner Pro and Wave Burner Express down the road?
Old 10-07-2004, 12:20 AM

i smell a sonic studio software-only osx version at aes - but if it doesn't come out, i'll have to tune up my nose with the massive snorting of heroin and cocaine as referred to in the the general discussion thread "just for fun" or something like that, which covers stuff you need to import into your body as you continue to cut hit records through the day and night 24 hrs baby
Old 10-07-2004, 07:54 PM

Quote:
i smell a sonic studio software-only osx version at aes -
Yes I have heard this also, I think it's not far away & maybe the best option if Waveburner doesn't get sold seperately... Hopefully it won't break the bank!

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia