Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2017, 03:13 PM

Default iLok on one account, licenses deposited to another

I recently bought Pro Tools 12 Student/Teacher edition. I accidentally created two different iLok accounts and only found out after finding my licenses on the one created through Pro Tools. I believe I unintentionally registered my iLok to my personally created account (the one with no licenses) and now when I try to put my licenses onto my iLok, it shows it is owned by another user. Is there any way I can either transfer my licenses to my new personal account or transfer my iLok USB Key to my Pro Tools created account?
Old 05-08-2017, 06:44 AM
Development Partner

Default Re: iLok on one account, licenses deposited to another

You can go through the transfer process in License Manager to transfer licenses to your new account. iLok.com will cap the transfer payment at $50. But you should look very carefully at the licenses you have. If you have NFRs or other promotional-type licenses, you won't be able to transfer them at all.

iLok.com might be willing to change ownership of the iLok, but I don't know if this is something they actually do. In any case, there's probably a fee involved. You'll have to hunt around on the iLok.com website.

Probably the cheapest thing to do is just grit your teeth and buy another iLok, this time being sure to register it to the account that has your licenses.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:02 AM

Default iLok on one account, licenses deposited to another

You can remove an empty iLok from one account and sync it with another.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 05-08-2017, 11:11 AM

Default Re: iLok on one account, licenses deposited to another

I would contact Pace. You never know. You might just reach someone that will be sympathetic to your mistake and try to help you.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com