Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2011, 08:42 PM

Question Strange Shortcuts / Grid Problems

I know I'm going to sound extremely stupid, but here goes.
I recently created a few new sessions and realized that most of the one-letter shortcuts have been changed a little. For example, the T and R keys are used to zoom in/out, but now I have to hold down control while using them. In addition, when changing from grid to slip mode (my grid is set to an 8th note), the grid is changed to show only quarter notes. I searched a little through preferences but found nothing concerning the matter. Is there anyway to alter these things? (I'm sure it's probably just some simple thing...) Thank you for your time.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Strange Shortcuts / Grid Problems

The reason you have to hold control when using the one key short cuts, is because you don't have 'command focus' enabled currently. (its the "a..z" button at the top right corner of your edit window.) when its highlighted yellow, command focus is enabled.

I had the same issue with the grid changing its display when switching from grid to slip mode... I updated to 9.0.3 and that took care of that problem for me.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:21 PM

Smile Re: Strange Shortcuts / Grid Problems

Thanks for the info on the command focus, I have never known what it even did. The grid problem was also fixed for me, as I just now upgraded to 9.0.3
(I had it, but I had to reinstall 9.0.2 after my hard-drive got wiped) Thanks again!