Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2017, 12:10 AM

Default Re: 12.9 any news ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Is it criminal that Nuendo or Cubase, or Studio one, or Reason, or Cakewalk and others have different versions that each versions have more tools than the other? It's funny how it seems to be alright for all the others but not Avid? Where does that Bias come from?

I personally think that with all the bug fixing Avid has made in PT 12, that it has brought up the value of this software even higher than ever before, because for one of the first time, to me at least, it shows that Avid really cares about it's product and customers and will go to great strive to bring this software to a level of stability that we haven't seen in a long.. long... long time.. in a galaxy far.. far away
You are drinking tu look-aide with blinders on. All software has bugs, if Avid didn't have the extortion plan, I "might" feel different.

Protools bugs are on a whole new record level on 12! Feels like double if not triple of any previous release, which means they are massivly sloppy.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 08-26-2017, 04:50 AM

I worked 2 years on Cubase before returning to PT. So I can tell you that there are bugs also in Cubase, or incongruous things, lacks, sometimes frustrating. But communication with customers is different. We are not in the darkness. And the generosity of Steinberg at the level of the new functions is 10 times that of Avid.

Yesterday, for example, I had to export my sessions PT to AAF while retaining the gain clip (by a conversion in volume automation). Oops! It takes PT HD ... Frustrating. The difference in Nuendo and Cubase is that Nuendo is intended for sound on images and we understand that. The separation is there. There are irritants (no AAF Export in Cubase, for example, only OMF), but there is a logic. At Avid, you can tell me why converting the gain clip to volume automation is not a function of vanilla? Because the difference between HD and NON-HD is now confusing. It also relates now to the difference in price, not only of use.
I repeat: after 2017, if the MIDI development is not major, it is finished with Pro Tools.

Pro Tools has good qualities, big expensive, respectable, but it is a car without electric windows and without air conditioning, or without computer of board, without allogeneous headlights. It leads you wherever you like, and flatters your old habits, but you must not look elsewhere. If you look elsewhere, you have more comfort and facilities for less. So a day will come when ... And this day, it is often that of renewal. Other strangeness. You have to be a subscriber to get the bug fixes ... A shame!

Something is wrong with this company. It will still be a while, but the future will bring him a hard awakening.
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com
Old 08-26-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
I worked 2 years on Cubase before returning to PT. So I can tell you that there are bugs also in Cubase, or incongruous things, lacks, sometimes frustrating. But communication with customers is different. We are not in the darkness. And the generosity of Steinberg at the level of the new functions is 10 times that of Avid.

Yesterday, for example, I had to export my sessions PT to AAF while retaining the gain clip (by a conversion in volume automation). Oops! It takes PT HD ... Frustrating. The difference in Nuendo and Cubase is that Nuendo is intended for sound on images and we understand that. The separation is there. There are irritants (no AAF Export in Cubase, for example, only OMF), but there is a logic. At Avid, you can tell me why converting the gain clip to volume automation is not a function of vanilla? Because the difference between HD and NON-HD is now confusing. It also relates now to the difference in price, not only of use.
I repeat: after 2017, if the MIDI development is not major, it is finished with Pro Tools.

Pro Tools has good qualities, big expensive, respectable, but it is a car without electric windows and without air conditioning, or without computer of board, without allogeneous headlights. It leads you wherever you like, and flatters your old habits, but you must not look elsewhere. If you look elsewhere, you have more comfort and facilities for less. So a day will come when ... And this day, it is often that of renewal. Other strangeness. You have to be a subscriber to get the bug fixes ... A shame!

Something is wrong with this company. It will still be a while, but the future will bring him a hard awakening.
I was not talking of Nuendo VS Cubase, I was talking of the different versions in each. Like Cubase Pro, cubase artist, cubase Elements. Nuendo, Nuendo live. And all the other Daws I mentioned have the same aspect. And each Higher version offers more tools and options than the one below, which is exactly the same thing between PT HD and PT Vanilla. That's what I was mentioning about that seems to be conveniently looked over by other people, but then criticized onto Avid, all I am saying.

Wave-T.com
Old 08-27-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I was not talking of Nuendo VS Cubase, I was talking of the different versions in each. Like Cubase Pro, cubase artist, cubase Elements. Nuendo, Nuendo live. And all the other Daws I mentioned have the same aspect. And each Higher version offers more tools and options than the one below, which is exactly the same thing between PT HD and PT Vanilla. That's what I was mentioning about that seems to be conveniently looked over by other people, but then criticized onto Avid, all I am saying.
I brought a nuance: it's just different from Steinberg. Nothing is missing in Cubase for audio and musical work. Nuendo is for Post - production, film, etc. Avid, on the other hand, does not separate products strictly in this logic. That's why I gave an example, that of converting the gain clip to volume automation, which is useful in audio. My English is not very good, but I think I am precise enough if I read well.

• Etc.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbourget View Post
I brought a nuance: it's just different from Steinberg. Nothing is missing in Cubase for audio and musical work. Nuendo is for Post - production, film, etc. Avid, on the other hand, does not separate products strictly in this logic. That's why I gave an example, that of converting the gain clip to volume automation, which is useful in audio. My English is not very good, but I think I am precise enough if I read well.
I really don't think you are reading what I am saying, or your stuck on your train of throught without wanting to actually stop and check what I'm saying. Cubase, has 3 different version of the software, Cubase Elements 8, Cubase Artist 8 And Cubase Pro 8. Nuendo has 2, Nuendo Live 8 and Nuendo 8, cakewalk has 4 versions of Sonar, Sonar home studio, Sonar artist, Sonar pro, Sonar Platinum. Do you get what I am saying now? Almost every other company out there has entry and pro level versions of their daw software, each version going up the ladder having more options and tools than the version lower it, it's not just Avid that does that. Yes Nuendo is more for Post, which HD is also very much geared toward. But Cubase, Sonar, etc are for music and they have different versions of their software.

Translation cause I think you're french?

Je crois vraiment que tu ne me lis pas correctement ou que tu es pogné sur ton train de pensé sans vouloir vérifier ce que je te dis. Cubase a 3 version du programme différentes, Cubase Elements 8, Cubase Artiste 8 et Cubase Pro 8. Nuendo en a 2, Nuendo Live 8 et Nuendo 8. Cakewalk a 4 versions de Sonar, Sonar home studio, Sonar artiste, Sonar pro et Sonar Platinum. Comprends-tu ce que j’essaie de te dire maintenant? Presque toutes les autres compagnies ont des versions de leur daw de départ et des version pro de leur programmes. Chaque version montante offrant plus d'options que la version précédente, ce n'est pas juste Avid qui font ça. Oui Nuendo est plus pour la post, et HD est plus fait pour le post aussi. Mais Cubase, Sonar etc son pour la musique et ils ont des versions différentes.

Wave-T.com
Old 08-27-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I really don't think you are reading what I am saying, or your stuck on your train of throught without wanting to actually stop and check what I'm saying. Cubase, has 3 different version of the software, Cubase Elements 8, Cubase Artist 8 And Cubase Pro 8. Nuendo has 2, Nuendo Live 8 and Nuendo 8, cakewalk has 4 versions of Sonar, Sonar home studio, Sonar artist, Sonar pro, Sonar Platinum. Do you get what I am saying now? Almost every other company out there has entry and pro level versions of their daw software, each version going up the ladder having more options and tools than the version lower it, it's not just Avid that does that. Yes Nuendo is more for Post, which HD is also very much geared toward. But Cubase, Sonar, etc are for music and they have different versions of their software.

Translation cause I think you're french?

Je crois vraiment que tu ne me lis pas correctement ou que tu es pogné sur ton train de pensé sans vouloir vérifier ce que je te dis. Cubase a 3 version du programme différentes, Cubase Elements 8, Cubase Artiste 8 et Cubase Pro 8. Nuendo en a 2, Nuendo Live 8 et Nuendo 8. Cakewalk a 4 versions de Sonar, Sonar home studio, Sonar artiste, Sonar pro et Sonar Platinum. Comprends-tu ce que j’essaie de te dire maintenant? Presque toutes les autres compagnies ont des versions de leur daw de départ et des version pro de leur programmes. Chaque version montante offrant plus d'options que la version précédente, ce n'est pas juste Avid qui font ça. Oui Nuendo est plus pour la post, et HD est plus fait pour le post aussi. Mais Cubase, Sonar etc son pour la musique et ils ont des versions différentes.
I do not think it's good to continue. Everything is the same, it's perfect. It goes beyond language. Be happy.

• Etc.