Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2002, 04:07 AM

Default Direct I/O System overload When Pressing stop?????

Hi. I wonder if anyone could tell me why I seem to get a "direct I/O system overload,CPU cant prosses required data in time " When all I'm doing is pressing STOP!!!!! I use Logic Audio Platinum 4.8.1
with the Digi 001 And every thing works fantasticley other than this problem. I know its not my computer coz Its run much bigger studios in the past. Is it OMS? do I need to change the slot my PCI cards in? Its really doing my head in. how can my computer's CPU/Disk access meter be so low but still cause system overloads whan I want to stop??? Has anyone encounterd the same thing?This is with software monitering "OFF" and only two tracks of Audio??? Boo Hoo!!!!! [email protected]
Old 03-15-2002, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Direct I/O System overload When Pressing stop?????

Two things:
1) CPU overload-too many realtime plugs.
2) CPU meter is not accurate in logic.

Interestingly, if you go back to Logic Audio 4.7.0 you will notice you are able to run almost 2x more plugins than 4.73 and up.

Create a track and add a standard Logic EQ, compressor and delay. Duplicate the track as many time as it takes to get the error. Then remove tracks or plugs until you can successfully play without error. Tally up your tack/plug count an open the same session in 4.8x, you will be dropping many many plugins off until you can play without error.

Maybe those guys over at Emagic who write software but never use it could offer you some answers.

Targon
Old 03-15-2002, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Direct I/O System overload When Pressing stop?????

It appears to be a conflict between Logic 4.7+, ReWire (if installed)and certain versions of Open Transport. Test and see if you can duplicate the problem on a empty song. Leave it in play for about two minutes and then press "stop". I'm having the same problem but with ASIO.