Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2002, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Is there a shortcut for PT to stop at the end of a selection? digi,PLEASE SETTLE THIS

Leon,

When you select a range of audio on one specific track, it means that *edit* functions will affect only that range of that specific track, while playback will play only that time range across all audible tracks (assuming you have edit and timeline linked). The resulting timeline selection has nothing to do with any specific track or tracks. It sounds like you are expecting your edit selection to imply that playback should solo that track. Personally I'm really glad it doesn't...that would drive me nuts punching in.

As far as the range that gets played, I always leave the edit and timeline linked. When I select a range (on one or more tracks), and hit space to play, it always plays just that range, unless of course I have pre and/or post roll on...but it does play any/all tracks based on the current state of track mute/solo etc, as I would expect it to.

Tom
Old 08-13-2002, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Is there a shortcut for PT to stop at the end of a selection? digi,PLEASE SETTLE THIS

i do this all the time. I hate using the mouse to solo a track just to audition a region. It is not exactly what you want, in that you won't get the precise end point, but just position the curser where you want to begin, then, with the prefs set to "shuttle", hit the 6 key on the numeric. when you have heard all you want, take your pinger off the button. If an exact endpoint auditition is what you need, then I think you will have to press the solo button.

www.tompaul.com
Old 08-13-2002, 02:58 PM

Put the numberpad in shuttle mode and be done with it. I never have to use solo buttons to solo a track.

Also, make sure solo is not set to'latched' so you can just easily jump frm track to track, taking no more time than using a solo tool in performer/logic.
Old 08-13-2002, 03:07 PM

I thought this post would be dead by now but all these great ideas keep coming from some great world users.

I will apply all of these techniques.

Thanks to all of you!

Leon

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]