Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 07-28-2013, 09:34 AM

Default Mbox 2 doen't works in ASIO Mode in Windows 7 x64 with thrid Party Software

I have problems using the Mbox 2 USB in Asio Mode in Windows 7 x64. However mode works perfectly Wdm / Direct X. But obviously a much higher latency.

When I run Steinberg Wavelab 6.1 with Asio drivers does not move the cursor over the sound wave. However, the sound is right at the outputs of the Mbox 2.

When I run Cubase 5.1 Steinberg Asio drivers and streaming a song in Wav format audio track clicks are heard.

In both cases I tried changing latency values ​​in the result unchanged.

I have done numerous tests to no avail ... Mbox 2 USB I installed the latest driver version 9.0.2.65 for Windows 7 x64. I have reinstalled. I have uninstalled and entered into the Windows registry and I deleted all existing Digidesign. Then I spent a Ccleaner and maintenance of Tune Up Utilities 2012. I tried installing version 8.04b.

Later I changed to another Windows 7 on the same PC I have another hard drive. With the same results.

I followed all the recommendations AVID system optimization and to avoid mistakes.

The PC is an Intel Core Quad 9550. So lack of resources can not be.

Thinking that perhaps could be an incompatibility with this PC I have taken the Mbox 2 to my laptop. It has a 3rd generation Intel I7 3610QM. Same problem.

Finally I uninstalled all the drivers on the laptop. I downloaded the Protools 8 LE and updating to version 8.0.5. After the complete installation I have the same problems in Wavelab and Cubase. But it works perfectly in Protools 8 LE.

Conclusion. Asio only works correctly in Protools 8 LE.

Mbox 2 drivers work properly with WDM / Direct X

I need to use the Mbox 2 Asio mode with Cubase and Wavelab. Can anyone help me get it?

I am a computer technician and sound technician. And I applied all my knowledge to try to use the Mbox 2 ASIO mode. I have been unable ...

I appreciate in advance any help. Thank you very much.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Mbox 2 doen't works in ASIO Mode in Windows 7 x64 with thrid Party Software

Thanks for all.. I have found the solution... 48 hours to find it
Old 08-18-2013, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Mbox 2 doen't works in ASIO Mode in Windows 7 x64 with thrid Party Software

Please share the solution! I'm having exact same issue with close to exact same setup. Thx
Old 08-21-2013, 10:14 AM

Hello,

I am on a 30 day trial of Wavelab 8 (2nd day), and have run into the same cursor problem (does not move/scroll), mentioned using the latest Avid driver for my 003R in PT 10/11. I also had a similar problem in Sound Forge Pro 10 using the prior Avid driver (released in 2011 I believe).

The fix for me in Wavelab is simply don't use the Avid driver. I downloaded ASIO4ALL v2 and installed.

Launch Wavelab 8 and in the top Menu Bar open Options>VST Audio Connections>Audio Device. You will see all your audio drivers here. Select ASIO4ALL v2 and close. I would close Wavelab and relaunch. You should be good to go. Note your audio output will still be going through your selected Avid/Digi playback device. You are just using the ASIO4ALL v2 driver instead of the Avid driver.

This worked for me.

I also noticed in the VST Audio Connections window that for playback the Device Output listed for my 003R was showing up as "FW 003 ADAT 1 and FW 003 ADAT 2" instead of "Digidesign 003 Rack 1 & 2 (similar naming showing in the Recording Device Input, etc.).

This appears to be a Steinberg Wavelab 8 naming convention as I do not have anything ADAT in operation. My audio output is in fact coming from the 003R Outputs 1 & 2. It's just that this is how Wavelab is seeing my 003R Outputs 1 & 2.

I am not sure how other Avid/Digi devices will work with Wavelab and the ASIO4ALL v2 driver or how the Input and OUTputs will be listed.

As they say, your milage may vary but this is what worked for me. I just thought I would pass it along.

To give credit where credit is due, most of what I learned above was from a knowledgeable Sweetwater Windows Audio Technician who had a very good knowledge of both Pro Tools and Wavelab. He was familiar with the problem.

Smart folks down there in Fort Wayne.

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.