Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-21-2006, 01:52 PM

Default How to record a looping Midi Trk to an Audio Trk

I have created a 4 bar Midi beat in a Midi track in PT 7 and I'm trying to record it to an audio track having it continually loop the 4 bars so the audio track will just keep on recording till I stop playback.

For some reason when I go to record the Midi track to the audio track with Loop playback on the recording will stop right after the 4 bars plays just the one pass. I cannot get it to continue to loop when recording it to audio. Any suggestions to make this work?

Old 10-21-2006, 03:49 PM

Default Re: How to record a looping Midi Trk to an Audio Trk

Try 'Loop Record' and drag the regions from the Bin in Shuffle mode or print one pass and use 'Loop' and enter the amount of loops you require.

filosofem
Old 10-21-2006, 04:16 PM

Thanks for your response...I know about the Region - Loop method...but is there any way to have the midi track just continually loop until I stop it while I'm recording it to an Audio track?

Old 10-21-2006, 04:53 PM

Not 100% sure, but I don't think that that method of recording is possible.

filosofem
Old 10-21-2006, 05:30 PM

There's got to be a way/solution

Old 10-21-2006, 08:34 PM

yeah, the solution is to record your four bar beat to audio, and loop the audio. What is so complicated about that? What exactly do you want from your DAW?
Old 10-21-2006, 09:05 PM

Quote:
yeah, the solution is to record your four bar beat to audio, and loop the audio. What is so complicated about that? What exactly do you want from your DAW?
Haha...Must be the Saturday nite blues that have you speaking so 'bright & smart'....No need to get bright & smart...I simply want to know if my 'DAW' can do that or not. If my 'DAW' cannot, then I'll continue to do it the simply Region-Loop style, if it can do it another way, then great....no need for you to respond to this.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:08 PM

no offence, bro, I am just curious as far as what you want. The converting to audio and looping sounds pretty easy, no?
Old 10-21-2006, 09:31 PM

Quote:
no offence, bro, I am just curious as far as what you want. The converting to audio and looping sounds pretty easy, no?
Haha...yea it is easy....as you can see, there are many ways to do the very simple audio and midi looping technique....now u can stop responding to this post since you do not have the original answer I am looking for.....to see if my 'DAW' can do what I am inquiring for it to do in the specific way I am looking for....Good nite

Old 10-21-2006, 10:28 PM

Default Re: How to record a looping Midi Trk to an Audio T

Quote:
now u can stop responding to this post since you do not have the original answer I am looking for.
Maybe what dubhausdisco2 is suggesting to you is the ONLY WAY Pro Tools LE can do what you'd like. Short of making sure "Loop Playback" is checked off before recording to Audio and selecting the MIDI area (Which assumably has been tried). Not using MIDI myself, I've thought that it was adjustable in time and such, so thinking like that, I figured it meant people can play all the way through, then place it at proper timings. May take longer, but more effective than playing 4 minutes, 5 times.

Having said it could be the only way to do such a thing in PT LE, if you know another program that can do this even easier (another assumption, only based on the fact that if you have the idea, chances are alot of other people do too), use that program and import the final region to Pro Tools. Or really, go the easy route. Why you'd want to make it even harder is beyond me. You agree the suggestion is easy. Be happy and run with what works!