Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-24-2004, 06:43 AM

Default Up dating to osx

I'm considering updating from protools 5.2 to the latest version so i can bo on osx, can any body tell me if all the new goodies are included ie,reason etc. Can i expect any problems if i do. It seems to me i missed out on all the extras that come with protools these days. Curently have 5.2 with Plugsound & mbox.
Thanks in advance, Wayne.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Up dating to osx

i wanna do the same thing, but i have a problem, i can't install oms on my power book, so i can't even use 5.2.1 , which is what i have.
how did you manage to instal pro-tools? did you have a partition on your disk having one separated for OS9 ?
my disk is not partitioned, when i use 9 , i use it on classic, but i can't switch systems....
help
x

PS:I currently have an Mbox , to work on a power book 15 inch osx .

do you know if is there a free update to get out of 9 and use the mbox with osx ?
Old 02-24-2004, 08:41 PM

I bought my Mbox in September and it was bundled with Pro Tools 5 and the deal was to register so I could get the upgrade to 6. I took the Pro Tools plunge because it offered Rewire and I was already working with Reason and Live. Have you checked the upgrades to see what might be available to you and have you registered your software?
You should not have to partition your hard drive in order to run Pro Tools but I would suggest getting an external hard drive for recording.

15" G4 Powerbook, 1.25 Ghz, 512 ram (I need more ram!)
OSX 10.3.2, Pro Tools 6.2.2
Reason 2.5,Live 3.0.2

I am now one happy camper!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:05 AM

thanx darling
i'll register the software then
x
Old 02-25-2004, 05:45 AM

I have a g4 . Never had any problems running it on os9,i do have a partition ,though i seem to remember that wasent always the case and still didn't have problems, i did have to downioad a driver. and dont have any problems switching between 9&10. Protools 5.2 came with mbox but i bought it back in late 2002. i spoke to a rep today who says i need to buy protools 6 for 0s10 at 165AU$ but it wont come with anything els ,ie reason etc.Cant remember if it is registered-how do i find out?or how do i register it?
Seems i can't get the goodies unless i purchase them individualy, If you can? or buy anouther mbox-Don't think so!
Anyway i would like to thank everybody for taking time to respond THANKYOU